Not sure what all of you think, but a local music store (Sam Goody's to be Exact) I know there not the best instrument sellers, but if you check from time to time you can get some really good deals. Today I went and bought a Fender Squier Acoustic for just $50, it came with alot of extras, like picks, pitch-pipe, strap, beginner's guide to acoustic, and a gig-bag, When I seen it was a Fender I couldn't pass it up and I'd been wanting an acoustic for a while. But do you all think it was a good deal? I was thinking about goi9ng and buying a few more of them. But what do you all think?
For $50... you got a good deal, but I wouldn't go and buy a bunch of them. It'll be a fine guitar for a beginner, but you'll see what I mean after a while... you'll hear it. The tone will "die" because its all laminated wood.

Even though.... at $50... you got a great deal and I probably would have bought one myself.
It came in one of those beginner's packages?

I would so totally buy one if I didn't already have an acoustic. That offer seems like it shouldn't be passed up. $50 for an acoustic, and other accessories. $50 alone for a guitar is a good deal.
Is there an online link for it? I might stop buy and get me one too.

Good job.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Quote by xkorean
It came in one of those beginner's packages?

I would so totally buy one if I didn't already have an acoustic. That offer seems like it shouldn't be passed up. $50 for an acoustic, and other accessories. $50 alone for a guitar is a good deal.
Is there an online link for it? I might stop buy and get me one too.

Good job.

Exactly, I think the sale was just a local one, but let me check their site...

Well their site doesn't even have instruments on it, but yeah it was the beginner's pack for 50% off the original $100. Sounds great, but I also tried out some Elixer's at a local music shop (Instruments is all they sell) and OMG, I loved it, but it was like 4Xs higher than this one. So I just got this one.
I've never tried Elixer's... Are they good? I hear they're soft, but they offer a dull tone.

I use cheap "Picks by the Pound" Light strings. 2 for $7.00 at my local music store. Comes with a free pick in each package!

I might stop by Sam Goody to see if they have that offer. It never hurts to have another guitar.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Omg, The Elixer was amazing, It sounded like.. OMG I can't even explain I know I sound really gay, but seriously, I'm a teen into hard rock, but I prefer acoustics, I like the music more than the noise. Hard to find good songs out today with acoustic guitars and nice vocals and lyrics. So I'm going to try to change that, Haha, but seriously, as soon as I save up the money I'm going to buy the elixer, you should try one out, I miss it right now, Haha, Very Smooth and not dull at all
I have this disgusting blister on my left hand, middle finger and it hurts everything I fret a string with it. I know it's off topic, but got suggestions how I can get it better; other than stop playing.

Elixer's are like what, $15? I'll get one, test it, if I hate it, I'm coming after you.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Quote by fragydig529
Omg, The Elixer was amazing, It sounded like.. OMG I can't even explain I know I sound really gay, but seriously, I'm a teen into hard rock, but I prefer acoustics, I like the music more than the noise. Hard to find good songs out today with acoustic guitars and nice vocals and lyrics. So I'm going to try to change that, Haha, but seriously, as soon as I save up the money I'm going to buy the elixer, you should try one out, I miss it right now, Haha, Very Smooth and not dull at all

I'm a little confused here.

You make it sound as though you were playing an Elixer guitar? Is that right?

I gotta say, I know they make strings but I've never heard of their guitars. Are you sure you didn't just look at a label hanging from the guitar that had Elixer printed on it? If so, that'll be a tag that probably states that the brand of guitar you were looking at is fitted with Elixer strings as standard.
With some elixirs, it's a great sounding guitar. The only problem is the ridiculously high action... lower it yourself or get the guitar set up and you're onto something
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

So Elixir make guitars then?

I searched the web and got bored of looking on the 10th page of Google results. All results showing strings.