Ok, I bought my guitar yesterday, and I have noticed the input jack is loose already. My bandmates told me not to tighten it myself as it creates tension in the wiring, and that I should bring it in to get fixed. Is this something I can fix myself? Or must I bring it in to the shop.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
take off the backplate and hold the inside of the jack while u tighten it and u should b good...but if ur guitars like mine then YOU WILL SUFFA FOR ALL ETERNITY MUAHAHAHA lol im not kidding
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.

yep dont hand tighten it. ^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
1) take off the input plate
2) insert any jacks to it
3) tighten the loose screw and see the shield and tip of the input jack, it should perfectly make contact with the hot on the jack.
4) screw the input plate back in

"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
hey madpick where u been? u know i love that pretty blue and red pic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thx, its been awhile since i've been here, got a lot of exams to get through, still aint finish though
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
So take off the plate first, and then tighten it?
Tightening it while the plate is on the guitar can be harmful, while tightening it while the plate is removed from the guitar is not?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
most guitar stores can do it for free, like mine did it for free for me
I got no job
I got no car
but im in a band:-)

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Peavy transtube 112 bandit -
Quote by Mike1109
So take off the plate first, and then tighten it?
Tightening it while the plate is on the guitar can be harmful, while tightening it while the plate is removed from the guitar is not?

yeah, because, like said. ur holding it on the inside and the outside while tightening it.

so the inside stuff doesnt doesnt spin around. if the jack spins on the inside, cause ur not holding it, those wires will rip off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62