I've been playing guitar for about 7 years. My first guitar was a standard (mex) fender strat and one of the small marshall amps. Today, I'm still playing the strat but I put fender's vintage pickups on it about two years ago. This past winter I also bought a new Fender amp (the FM 212R). So I guess it's about time to get a new guitar.

I play all kinds of music, but mostly light stuff like 90's music and somewhat heavy music (not a big metal fan, metallica and dreamtheater are about as heavy as I go). I also play mostly rhythm but do some lead.

So, my question is what kind of guitar do you all recommend for this? I read the faq on it but I'd like to hear some more ideas. I think I want a guitar with humbuckers and my price range is about $500 to $800.

Thanks in advance!
Quote by Link47
I've been playing guitar for about 7 years. My first guitar was a standard (mex) fender strat and one of the small marshall amps. Today, I'm still playing the strat but I put fender's vintage pickups on it about two years ago. This past winter I also bought a new Fender amp (the FM 212R). So I guess it's about time to get a new guitar.

I play all kinds of music, but mostly light stuff like 90's music and somewhat heavy music (not a big metal fan, metallica and dreamtheater are about as heavy as I go). I also play mostly rhythm but do some lead.

So, my question is what kind of guitar do you all recommend for this? I read the faq on it but I'd like to hear some more ideas. I think I want a guitar with humbuckers and my price range is about $500 to $800.

Thanks in advance!

BAM! the one im lookin at http://washburn.com/products/electrics/idol/wi66pro.aspx because of VCC u can basically get any sound, i played one, it's the holy grail of versitility
Quote by Arlabester
BAM! the one im lookin at http://washburn.com/products/electrics/idol/wi66pro.aspx because of VCC u can basically get any sound, i played one, it's the holy grail of versitility

The Schecter Tempest Looks like that alittle....

to threadstarter,
any Schecter, SG,
try those
that washburn may work too
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Alright, thanks for the suggestions. You all reply fast here! I guess I'll have to head up to Sam Ash some weekend and look at guitars.
schecter c-1 plus, nice guitar, fits any music style. and looks really nice too.
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
Check out Washburns and Schecters.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Don't get a new guitar, just upgrade your current MIM strat. Since most strats are routed HSS or even HSH, you can cut a hole into your pickguard to fit a humbucker into the bridge. With $500, you can do a lot of upgrading on your current guitar. You can put a SD JB in your bridge and leave the fender pick-ups in the other two pick-up slots. With the extra $$, you can upgrade pretty much everything. New locking tuners, a better tremelo, callaham intertia block, graphite nut, better electronics and cosmetics. That is, if you like the feel of the guitar in the first place. I would actaully suggest this since a HSS guitar is extremely versatile and you can basically play any kind of music. There's no real point of getting a new guitar unless you want a new sound or something, which you can do by swapping pups.

And with the saved $$ (you had $500 to $800), you can get a new amp. No offense, but fender frontman's aren't the best amps available. It would be good for cleans, but it probably wouldn't have a great distorted sound. So with the extra $$, you could get a tube amp or a really good SS amp. If you want a really versatile amp, you should get a tech 21 trademark since it models basically every amp. It is analog (not digital) and the tone is great, sometimes even better than a real tube amp.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
I don't really want to modify my current guitar. I kind of want a second guitar with humbuckers so that i can have one guitar with them and my other guitar with single coils.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!