I've been playing my acoustic guitar for about six months now, getting better each and everyday, and I think that it's time to buy some decent strings instead of the purchasing the cheap ones.

Long story short, what strings would you recommend? I'm not sure if a guitar has to have specific requirements for strings, but I have an Ibanez acoustic.

I've heard that Elixer strings are quite nice. I just noticed there is a Polyweb and Nanoweb? Is there a difference between the two?
I'd also prefer the strings to be in the "Light Gauge" criteria, if possible.

I appreciate any help that is recieved. Thanks.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
i have the same exact question with same guiat and im going to guitar center tomorrow to buy strings so any help would be awesome
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
you need acoustic strings...i would suggest dean markley or GHS light guage .09's
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
elixers are pretty nice on acoustic/electrics.

i use them when i want to treat myself. as they run about 12 bucks a set.
bright sound, easy on the finger tips, last a little longer cause of the coating.

all i think mine are a blue box. i forget which coating, but alot of times they only have one type in my local store.
but im sure ive used a few types by now, dont really have a preference.

less expensive but still nice are DR strings. a bump up would be the DR coated strings, pretty sure they have them for acoustic and for electric.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Once I switched to the Phosphor Bronze Elixirs, I've been crazy about them.

They sound amazing .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I just bought some elixirs yesterday, and god damn...

I Can't believe I used anything else. :O