The peavey XXL can be switched between 25, 50, and 100 watts...are there any other amp heads that have a switchable wattage output?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
The Vox Valvetronix have this feature built in. You can do any wattage from 0.1-XX. XX being the wattage of the amp. I don't see much of a point in it unless the amp is a tube and you want to push the tubes though.
yeah but i just like the feature.

so the JCM 800/900 head would have it?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
okay...well i think im gonna just go with the XXL, just cause i can put it at 25 watts and have more control over my volume for inside, then for band stuff/ outdoor/ live stuff i can put it at 50 or 100 watts..thanks for your guys help on that.

what good cabs would go with that? to get my tone, i need to use an ampeg bass amp, so would i need a bass cab to?

EDIT: THE peavey supreme XL
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Last edited by xsynysterx06 at Jul 8, 2006,
the Mark IV has settings of 30W, 50W, 70W, and 85W. 30W/70W and 50W/85W are accessible by footswitch. There is also a "tweed" setting that acts like a variac by reducing internal voltage across the whole circuit.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jul 8, 2006,
the mark IV is also thousands of dollars over what i wanna spend...but thank you for the input.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by llanafreak44
XXL is hybrid

hybrid being....??
SS trying to simulate tube(transtube series for peavey)
if so, i dont mind it, cause i have one and its fine.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Marshall Jubilee, Vox AC30, Valvetronix's, loads.

But don't just get an amp based on that feature, get it based on sound.

So how much do you want to spend? And what sounds are you looking for?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well i dont wanna spend alot, so im looking at used.
the XXL is gonna be around 400.
but i really like the feature of 25, 50, 100W.
does anyone know where i can try it out?
im looking for metal distortion and if i need to, i will get an EQ pedal to change my sound a little.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
dude. seriously. the XXL is a horible sounding amp. Its basically an MT-2 at full gain running thru a power amp. It has thin, scratchy distortion. It ALWAYS has a horible buzz/hiss...even on the clean channel. The cleans sound terrible. ugh...its just not a good sounding amp. It has no thump. I have it hooked up to two matching cabs, in a stack (at work), and even with the two cabs it has no low end at all. Plus, even with the distortion barely on, it squeels really badly at almost any volume. And honestly the whole power thing doesnt even make that big of a difference at all. You might as well just have it running at 100watts at all times and just turn the volume down because it sounds the same at all volumes.

^2x
EDIT: get the vox, since you're too scared to go tube
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ad50Vt...its only $360, or If you're set on a halfstack, the valvetronix series has a head and cab option.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music