I was looking at the RG1750, but im not sure about the Floyd Rose. I dont want to sacrifice the ease of changing tunings, just to be able to do some flashy whammy stuff. I want to be able to impress people with what I play, before going for the extra flare. So whats the best non-floyd rose for under $1,000? I play everything, and I want to be able to play any kind of music.
Ibanez SA series?

(go for the SAS36FM, its ****ing beautiful)

or do you not want any sort of a trem at all just a hardtail rig?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
Ibanez SA series?

(go for the SAS36FM, its ****ing beautiful)

or do you not want any sort of a trem at all just a hardtail rig?

I would probably like a Tremolo system, just not a locking one.
the teh Ibanez SA series would be perfect, they ****ing pwn

or, maybea fender strat?

what kind of music are you into/what will be played on this guitar?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Hell, if you don't want a RG1570, buy one and give it to me

A Jackson RR5 is string-thru; they're really nice guitars, too.

If you play metal, I don't really think it's worth it to have a normal whammy instead of a Floyd Rose - you get a lot more range and possibilities with a good FR.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
the teh Ibanez SA series would be perfect, they ****ing pwn

or, maybea fender strat?

what kind of music are you into/what will be played on this guitar?

I like mostly everything rock. 70's classic rock, 80's metal, 90's grunge, and modern rock. Im looking for a guitar, that if I hear any song, i'd be able to play it on this guitar, and have it sound good. A versitile guitar.
A strat may be really versatile, go with a HSS config and i think it's pretty much all the versatility u need. American strats are pretty much all under 1000 so i think ur fine with that.
well the SA series are all H/S/S configuration, with a coil split...or...coil tap, i dont know which, but it makes it so that when you pul up on the volume or tone knob, the humbucker turn into a single coil

i would say its a very good guitar, only thing is that the stock pickups might be a little weak sounding, b ut its an easy replacement, the guitar is neck-thru (the SAS36FM anyway, the one you should get because its the best), and the neck is thin, mmaybe not wizard thin, but thin enough, very nice feel

i would say thats a good guitar

or a hardtail RR series guitar would be good like the other guy suggested

EDIT: i meant string thru, not hardtail
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

So I should either,

- Get the RG1570 / Change the pickups with the extra $$$
- Get the SAS36FM / Change the pickups with the extra $$$

?
but the RG1570 has a Floyd, which you stated you didnt want

but the SAS36FM is a beautiful guitar for a good price, i would buy it, but i dont have any money.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
but the RG1570 has a Floyd, which you stated you didnt want

but the SAS36FM is a beautiful guitar for a good price, i would buy it, but i dont have any money.

Yeah, but if I wanted a floyd, I would go with an RG1570.

Im probably gonna try these two out sometime.
yhea, i have played the SAS36FM, andit was orgasmic. The tone was good on clean, the trem was great, easy to work, be nice if it had locking tuners though. If you planon getting an Ibanez with a Floyd, then either go with the s470 and up, or the RG1570 and up
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

well, just about any schecter is going to be pretty good, either the c-1 exotic(which i have) or the c-1 classic(friend owns). Really good sound, very versatile and both under $1,000.
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
Quote by Vindication
Hell, if you don't want a RG1570, buy one and give it to me

A Jackson RR5 is string-thru; they're really nice guitars, too.

If you play metal, I don't really think it's worth it to have a normal whammy instead of a Floyd Rose - you get a lot more range and possibilities with a good FR.

thats where kahler steps in
If you want something with a hard-tail, take a look at epiphone les pauls, gibson sg's, scheters, ibanez rga's and esp ltd m/nh/h series. if you want a non-locking trem, get an american fat strat.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"