ok..i was looking for some lessons on ug and i found out the the notes in a A major scales are A, B, C#, D, E, F# and G#, why are they found in a A major scale and how do i find notes to other major scales???,,,plzz,,,,help
I found a really good scale/chord generator thingy at cyberfret.com, bum around there for 15 minutes and you should find it, I can't remember exactly how I got there.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by cds+stereo=life
I found a really good scale/chord generator thingy at cyberfret.com, bum around there for 15 minutes and you should find it, I can't remember exactly how I got there.

I think he wants the theory, not the frets. The theory will probably be better in the long run.

I do not have the time to explain everything, and I am not a good teacher anyway. Here is a site that has a lesson that I think deals with your question. If you have any more questions, just ask.

http://www.jazclass.aust.com/scales/scamaj.htm
yeh thats right. however its also useful to point out there is only a 1/2 step between B & C and E & F
songs: Left Behind choices
Quote by MadClownDisease
Well I can top you all, I've done my mum, my step brother AND a cat. As well as quite a few corpses.