so can somebody help me out? im getting soo frustrated. i own a viper-400 and everytime i put new strings on, the nickel on my e, b, and g strings kinda wear off..
any helpful hints to keep these babies goin strong?!

thanx.

oh, and i use earnie ball strings, if that helps the situation.
change string brands...try GHS or DR.

by the way
im in love with youre guitar. what color do you have.
please dont tell me white or sunburst
i will die.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
how soon does it wear off?
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Thats happens. If it bothers you that much change 'em.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Clean the fretboard. Get fretboard polish and when you are changing stirngs, one at a time, polished the fretboard. That may help strings last longer. What brand of strings are you using? Because sometimes when strings sit in the store for a while, they dont last long. Maybe send the company and email and say that your ______ strings arent lasting. They may send you a brand new packaged set. Thats what DR did for me.
Well, if you're in the northern hemisphere, it's probably because of the fact that it's summer and the humidity's so high.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by xsynysterx06
change string brands...try GHS or DR.

by the way
im in love with youre guitar. what color do you have.
please dont tell me white or sunburst
i will die.

start dying bro........its white with a custom white head........
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Clean the fretboard. Get fretboard polish and when you are changing stirngs, one at a time, polished the fretboard. That may help strings last longer. What brand of strings are you using? Because sometimes when strings sit in the store for a while, they dont last long. Maybe send the company and email and say that your ______ strings arent lasting. They may send you a brand new packaged set. Thats what DR did for me.

thanx buddy.........that helped.....and im using earnie ball.
i use ernie ball strings and once, i was at practice and i left my guitar in my friend's garage for about an hour and i came back and the low string was broke...it was really hot in that garage...is that why? oh...and when i got home that night, another string broke...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
EBs don't last long... Try switching to D'Addarios. They feel better, and last longer.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

do they cost like 10 bucks a pack because i'm sort of a cheapskate
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
yeah... well if u r that kind of guys who doesn't get tire of playin his guitar a lot of hours per day haha like me, it will be normal that ur string's nickel wears off quickly, bcuz of ur hands sweating and continued strumming...

It will help that after you finish playin, clean the strings and fretboard...

I use D'Addarios and sometimes La Bella strings, both last good...

Haven't tried Ernie Ball's...
Last edited by JVDumarC at Jul 23, 2006,
yeah...i really should do that...but usually, when i play, there's a lot of nickel on my fingers...so my fingers are left like...a silvery tone and i'm like "woah man!"
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Quote by dimebag_love
yeah...i really should do that...but usually, when i play, there's a lot of nickel on my fingers...so my fingers are left like...a silvery tone and i'm like "woah man!"

haha yeah... they also smell kinda funny...
yeah...i seriously haven't changed my acoustic strings in about a year...my steel string...and they play fine...i wipe them down a lot but every time i touch the strings my fingers smell like total crap!!
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Elixirs are the 10 dollar strings. I have a pair on my electric and acoustic, they have amazing acoustic tone. They have amazing electric tone. They last long on both. I've had the pair of elixirs on the electric for two weeks, I play for hours each day. They're practically brand new. :P
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

yeah i've heard about elixirs...but i'm sorta trying to go on a budget so i can save up for a razorback which i will need for the stage soon...so for now, i'm only gonna get cheap strings...maybe i'll buy a pack of elixirs and try them out in awhile
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
well a D'Addario's pack could be around 6 to 7 bucks depending on the string gauges... (D'Addario XL Super Light Gauge, Super Tops/Reg. Bottoms, Regular Light)
those are ones I mostly buy...
you should try using this, my friend got his guitar set up and I noticed the strings were real nice and easy to slide on and felt nice and new so I asked my store if they put anything on the strings and they said they use GHS fast fret so I bought some and it works great, strings sound better for longer and easier to play on. you just slide it over your strings. and yea I use d'addrios, I dont like EB's at all. I've only bought one pack of GHS before though, they seemed on par with D'addrios.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?