I played an SG classic and an SG standard at GC a few weeks ago, and then again the other day. The SG classic was a lot easier to play than the standard, but they have the same gauge strings etc.

I was wondering what some of the differences between the two are, like if the classic has a thinner neck or something to increase the playability.. I'm also wondering how these two SGs compare to the new "goddess" model.
I know the Les Paul classic has a thinner neck compared to the standard.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I noticed the specs on gibson.com says the goddess has a thinner neck than the standard.. Would it also be thinner than the standard's?
IMO, I thought the Standard played a lot smoother than the Classic. I thought the Classic was utter crap.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by ibanezzer
I noticed the specs on gibson.com says the goddess has a thinner neck than the standard.. Would it also be thinner than the standard's?

dont know maybe you could do a side by side comparison
Quote by azn_guitarist25
dont know maybe you could do a side by side comparison

Can't find the classic anywhere on gibson.com, and everywhere else doesn't mention neck width/thickness.
Quote by ibanezzer
Can't find the classic anywhere on gibson.com, and everywhere else doesn't mention neck width/thickness.

yeh, guess you gotta go by word of mouth