So in fact not punk at all. You want an emo sound... well then any guitar with a humbucker.
As for that Dean, its probably a good buy because Dean seem to make good quality low end guitars. Is this your first guitar?
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
^^
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
wow lets go around and be a sissy girl calling punk wich is a good style of music to emo the white trash of music, next to country if not slightly below.
Quote by rcmaster0072002
wow lets go around and be a sissy girl calling punk wich is a good style of music to emo the white trash of music, next to country if not slightly below.

What do you mean?
ha ha you know im half kidding though im not a mean person. but yea dont confuse them cause they are totally different.
basically im ripping on the emo music. but u know emo rules, if ur homo, wich isnt a bad thing its just unique like being emo.
naw thats cool its not bad. i mean i listen to pretty much anything that falls under rock/metal. and emo is. i know some emos like not cut them selves but the kind that are emo goths, and they are funny cause they are exactly like the goths in southpark and they like emo and screamo. they sure are good for laughs, in a good way though.
^shut up man, stop being a dink and stop wasting yours and other's time.

to the thread starter,

you can play pretty much any guitar for that type of sound, get a good amp and you can make it happen. There are tons of bands like that that use guitars you wouldnt associate with that type of music, like tele's and strats. I find newer music is always trying to redefine sounds and mix/cross genres. That guitar looks alright, its intensely cheap, but if youre starting then wahtever. Lets look at the positives, it has humbucker pickups, so it shoudl have a thicker sound than single coils, and string through body design, so sustain is good. It shoudl be alright, but dont expect a jem, it IS an affordable guitar adn with guitars you get what you pay for.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by rcmaster0072002
naw thats cool its not bad. i mean i listen to pretty much anything that falls under rock/metal. and emo is. i know some emos like not cut them selves but the kind that are emo goths, and they are funny cause they are exactly like the goths in southpark and they like emo and screamo. they sure are good for laughs, in a good way though.

Quit being a narrow minded elitist dick and shut the **** up. To help you, Anthony, you'd probably like a Gibson or Epiphone. Quinn from the Used has used Gibson SG Standards and Les Paul Customs (to my knowledge) and Fred Mascherino from TBS has used a Gibson SG every time I've seen him. If you like Eddie's tone, I know he's quite partial to Epiphone hollowbodies, if you're into that sort of thing. And I've seen quite a few emo bands using Fender Tele's. Great guitars for the money. They sound AMAZING when you play them through an overdriven Marshall. If you're REALLY on a budget, look into Schecter. Great guitars for a very low price.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
to the threadstarter: i've noticed that u put up a lot of threads in one day but i dont care, anyway, I notice that the lead guitarist in taking back sunday uses SG's commonly, so why not try out the Epiphone SG starter pack http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-Players-Pack?sku=518745 ............. that is if ur just startin but i read ur other threads so i figure u were but if not look at higher models of the SG and a Strat might be good.
Last edited by rockr09 at Jul 9, 2006,
Schecter S-1 Elite. I'm about to get one and I play similar music. An awesome, awesome guitar, regardless of genre. Play one and you will be convinced. It's everything an SG isn't (at least for my needs, but then I'm a slightly odd player). For the price, you can't beat quality like that.
If you're not sure on what to get, get a les paul (epiphone if your budgets short) cos i think its been mentioned just about every where. Les Pauls are good for almost anything
Any Epiphone Les Paul, Fender or Squier Fat Strat, Jackson RR3 (Bullet for my Valentine :P)...