Can I get rid of that loud "SQUEAK!" sound when I slide my fingers on the strings?(I like to get to the point with my titles) Is there a special oil or something I can add to them so when I am sliding it doesn't make my dogs bark? Or are there certain strings I can maybe get that help with that noise?
Try using your pick hand to mute the strings while you change chords.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Practice not doing it? I used to do it a lot, fixed my technique, doesn't happen anymore.
Dude, its a part the guitar sound..........

Use a noise suppresor maybe......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I've never had that unless I untentionally do it, or I'm carrying it by it's neck...

EDIT: Definately a bad technique. Just practise not to do it really.
Last edited by Craigo at Jul 9, 2006,
well if you use like fast fret which is a universal string cleaner it wont make that sound anymore. i use it and its really great. you wont hear that noise at all. but still you shud be able to play without it and have a minimal amount of that sound. but yeah it'll work.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
There is a spray product that is supposed to help that. It's called Finger Ease. I've never tried it. I think the name for that squeak is string talk. I like it at times, it adds something to the song.
Quote by Spazz128735
flat wound strings.

first thing that came to my head...
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
^i do, its a good sound. makes it sound very natural, especially with acoustic.
pick your fingers up unless your supposed to slide, then your screwed
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
:::Can I get rid of that loud "SQUEAK!" sound when I slide my fingers on the strings?:::

Why would you want to quiet the "SQUEAK"? That is a beautiful and natural exclusive guitar sound.... I try to to enhance the "SQUEAK" when I play, it brings brilliance to my guitar style.

You should practice to make the "SQUEAK" louder... if you don't like natural beauty of guitar, get a keyboard... You won't "SQUEAK" when you click the "guitar" function on it... you'll get the fake digital sound that you're looking for.
if you don't want it.. just use the same idea as "dont drag your feet when you walk"
word
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords