mostly, if your guitar is routed for humbuckers (which is clearly is) then you shouldnt have to route for different companys. So no, i dont think youll have to saw away anything.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
ty guys and yeah, its an awsome finish, it looks different colours in different light
yea they would fit, but more importantly what wood is that model LTD made from? and what kind of amp are you running......EMG's benefit from a nice high gain tube amp, generally speaking
Agathis lol :/ and im running a Force series amp w/ DEath Metal Dist pedal, or, my sexy Line 6 Spider 210 <3
ok.........basically your emg's will sound like crap, agathis is a pathetic wood, something like mahogany or even basswood would give the best tone from emg's, and the sterile SS spider, well that wont allow the emg's to perform to their best really.....im not stopping you from putting them in im just saying it would prob be more worth while if the emg's were better used on higher end products, could wait around a little longer and wait for some more opinions. Ok they would sound better than your current pickups but they would sound nowhere near as good as they are meant to.
yeh mate it aint worth putting a set of emg's into agathis body and using it through a line 6 amp your just asking to die.

but if you insist on putting them in. then yes they fit but im sure your going to need to have a battery cavity routed aswell. therefore more money. so are you willing to put that much money into that guitar
You might be better off with good passive pups. I have emgs (81/60) and they rock but my guitar is all mahogany so they're home sweet home.

Cool looking guitar you have there friend.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
I've checked and theirs def battery room but, i can always take the mout the gutiar and put them in a nother if i get a better one. shrug.
how much money can you realistically save up over the next few months, and what type of music do you play (in case it's not obvious, I don't think it's worth putting EMG's into that guitar)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
metal to jazz really, but, theirs no reason i cant take them out the viper if i get a better guitar, is there?
not really but if you got someone to install them in for you it would be a waste of money to get it taken out and put into another guitar
Go to your local guitar hut and have them switch them for you if you're really worried, but make sure to keep your old pups.

ah, i should be okay instaling them myself tbh. but, my local guitar shop will give me any advice if i get stuck since they know me and stuff, ty guys.
Quote by CraigKing
metal to jazz really, but, theirs no reason i cant take them out the viper if i get a better guitar, is there?

that's true. But if you don't play predominantly modern metal, I wouldn't get EMG's. It's up to you, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's true. But if you don't play predominantly modern metal, I wouldn't get EMG's. It's up to you, though.

They play fantastic cleans, cool crunches, and some heavy metals. I know because I got 'em and I play 'em all.

The trick's in the volume knob.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
^ i tried the volume knob, and if you think it sounds as good as pickups that ACTUALLY have good cleans and crunch tones, then that's your problem, not mine.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?