OKok, i started this topic both to help me and perhaps other people:
Are they any good (not feel wise as thats personal) but as in all this 'nano-web' and 'poly-web' stuff, do they last long, and if they do, do they sound good or just over 'chemistried'
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i prefer the nanoweb over the polyweb why because my most recent polyweb are pretty sticky. and the nanoweb keeps its tone longer than the polyweb also. and these do last long, they should last a good 6 months or so
not crazy about elixers on my electrics. changes the tone too much.
i use them on my acoustics tho. (when im feeling generous.) they are pretty pricey.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks, i needed to clear that up, perhaps ill get a pack or two, put one on my old guitar and see if i like them, then put them on my Radius, cos if the tone messes up, J.Mit will be an angry Ibanezzer......
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I never tried Polywebs because I've read they're thicker and nanoweb coating is supposed to be thinner. The nanowebs are great though, the "New string" feeling stays for quite a while as well as sound.
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I really like Elixirs. I currently have some Nanos & Polys, Markley Blue Steel,
D'Addario, Thomistik-Infeld that I'll use on various guitars. The Elixir's keep
their tone way way longer than anything else I've tried. I really haven't
paid much attention to diffs between the Nano & Poly. They're worth a try.
I suppose you'll either like them or not.
I got some and they sounded real nice and they didnt rust, but the third string got a dent in it somehow and it makes a poppin noise when i bend...but i think that was might fault. My high e string just broke but they lasted like 6-7 months
Quote by rockr09
I got some and they sounded real nice and they didnt rust, but the third string got a dent in it somehow and it makes a poppin noise when i bend...but i think that was might fault. My high e string just broke but they lasted like 6-7 months

Yeah, I like how they last so long. My strings last like 2 times longer than when I used Ernie balls and more when I don't play as much

edg - How are the Dean Markleys?

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by edg
They're about on par with the average. They don't last nearly as long as Elixirs.

Oh alright, I was thinking of picking up a pack of SLP's. From what the description said, they sound very durable and good for my trem use. Guess theres no harm in trying a pack