What I want to do is build a pedal that just controls the volume going through it, so basically just a volume switch.......
I was thinking of getting a jack, wiring that to an audio pot (like the ones in guitars) and then going to another jack.......would that work?
Thanks, Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
You star!
Do you need a cap on it though?
Quote by thepower
You star!
Do you need a cap on it though?

You can leave it out. It only lets in a bit of treble when you have the volume low (lots of guitars have this too).
Quote by seljer
yep, that'd work

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album14/CLEAN_MACHINE_PASSIVE

if you don't want a switch just wire the 2 wires from the pot to the switch to where the wires that go from the switch to jacks are.

theres also a version with a LED if you're doing it with a switch
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album14/CLEAN_MACHINE_LAYOUT_CORRECT

What has been confusing me about this pedal is that the dsescription says "Clean up your sound by stepping on this". Does this pedal actually take away the sound from everything else and make it just clean?
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
What has been confusing me about this pedal is that the dsescription says "Clean up your sound by stepping on this". Does this pedal actually take away the sound from everything else and make it just clean?

It makes it quieter which cleans up your amp a bit depending on what your playing though (like rolling down your volume knob on your guitar with a tube amp, only you step on it instead)
Quote by seljer
It makes it quieter which cleans up your amp a bit depending on what your playing though (like rolling down your volume knob on your guitar with a tube amp, only you step on it instead)

O, ok. Thanks. Not as useful yet to me, but just about the easiest build I have seen .
So if I left the cap off it wouldn't matter.........?
Im pretty sure it wont matter. Its easy enough to just add it if you need it. You can try it on and try it off so you can see if you like the added bit of treble.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
O, ok. Thanks. Not as useful yet to me, but just about the easiest build I have seen .

A mute switch would be easier

and yeah, you can leave out the cap.