Soon I am getting a job and i need a new guitar and amp.Im looking to spend around $500 or less for the guitar and around 300 or less for the amp.I play alot of metal/metalcore stuff and also alot of clean and hardrock..What would be a good guitar?And amp?Im not planning on gibbing at least not for another year or so since im not that good so i just need something for my bedroom, so around 65 or less watts.

Oh and for the guitar i was thinking about getting a parker .Would that be a good one?I heard you can get a variety of tones from them.

Suggestions?

If it helps the sounds im looking for-
Shadows Fall
Trivium
Cky
Chevelle
Children of bodom
Last edited by TogaskaterJZ at Jul 9, 2006,
Get the Ultimate Guitar Bandwagon Special!! Roland Cube series and an Agile 3000 or 3500 with upgrades pups!
The amp's the greater part of the tone, so why not spend $500 on the amp and $300 on the guitar... it'll sound much better. Crap amps are so uninspiring. I have an OK guitar and a decent amp, and I love my tone.... I actually want to play my electric.

Just my two cents

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
you mean rg321

Yeah, sry I was in a hurry and I hit the wrong key.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by jimbob78
The amp's the greater part of the tone, so why not spend $500 on the amp and $300 on the guitar... it'll sound much better. Crap amps are so uninspiring. I have an OK guitar and a decent amp, and I love my tone.... I actually want to play my electric.

Just my two cents

Jimbob78

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?