hello, I think It soon will be time to bay a new guitar and perhaps a new amp to...

I have given it some thoughts and I want something that I can use to play more heavier rock things and play solos of different kind

I mostly play classic rock,blues etc and some clean things but I also play some stuff på Satriani and so on...

I have about 900 dollars to spend but would like to go more about 700-750.

Here is what I got this far, share opinions,experince etc. THX!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Big-Block-Strat-Electric-Guitar-HSS?sku=511940

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Power-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517582
(In blue and gold of course)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

If you got any suggestions on a very good Gibson Les Paul, then send link plz.

I also thinkin of buying a Fender Hot Rod later on when I can afford, I have heard good things about It but want more opinions....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Amp?sku=480510
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Jul 9, 2006,
A time ago I thought of the S470DXQM but the problem I find with ibanez is that the bridge sucks, only the Edge I is supposed to be good. and also the pickups arent that good at all :/
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
zr trem is a killer for sure and its different to other ibanez trems. with the spare money you can get better pickups.
Out of your first three choices, I think I would go with the Schecter. I am not a big fan of Strats though. I have heard fat strats are muddy for heavier stuff. The Schecter is going to be better for heavier stuff than the Fenders but can still handle blues and nice clean stuff. It has coil splitting or tapping. I am not totally sure which. This gives you a sound that is more like a single coil than a humbucker.

Fender Deluxes are great amps, but they don't give the best distortion sound. It will be very hard to get anything like metal out of it without an OD or two. If you are giving yourself a budget of $500 on the amp, you will mostly be limited to Fender and Peavey Valvekings if you are looking to go tube. The Valveking will also need an OD but I think that it would give you a better heavy sound.
The Schecter C1 Classic is a phenominal guitar, and a great value. It's also very versatile, and I think you'll find it will suite you very well. As for the amp, Fender Hotrods are pretty decent, although, a Peavey Classic 50 would probably be a better amp for about the same price.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
ok, gonna try the Schecter. have heard good stuff about it but I do think the neck is to much... its very nice with those inlyas but is to much...

and for the amp and OD thing. I do have a Grunge Distortion and think I will try to get more of digitechs pedals like the Hot Head or Bad Monkey

The pickups of that Ibanez... S470(DQMX?) I would lie to switch them yes... I heard that DiMarzio PAF would be great for what I want. everything between clean and metal.

how much are they? any more suggestions?
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Umm, I wouldn't go getting more digitech pedals. You said you're looking for an overdrive and none of those pedals you mentioned are really overdrive pedals. Look into something like an SD-1 or a Tube Screamer.
I dont think I said overdrive? or did I? sry in that case. I dont know what I look for really. I just want some different distortion sounds if that is if the Hot Rod amps distortion aint that great.

but pedals will take a while for me to get so its cool anyway^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
well a tubescreamer if you want to od the hot rod deluxe which imo just adds volume and no what so ever gain is added at all which sucks considering the price tag. but then again there are so many different overdrive pedals at so many different prices so its just a matter of how much your wallet can stretch and the sounds you want
ok. But I was thinkin... I have got so many explenations of how a overdrive defferce from a distortion pedal.

Overdrive=Less gain,more volume?
Distortion=More gain, more voulme?

Lets try again.... what is the difference?
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
overdrive = think more ac/dc style with angus young turned all the way up
distortion = im not too sure about distortion actually think about metallica with kirk and james i think thats distortion
ok, but then its absolutly a Overdrive I want when I can aford, the one I got now sucks :P

ELI Super Overdriver... from litua I think and I cant find a homepage so I guess they are out of buisness... but BOSS AINT
Schecter C1 Classic
Wampler Ego Compressor
Quote by azn_guitarist25
overdrive = think more ac/dc style with angus young turned all the way up
distortion = im not too sure about distortion actually think about metallica with kirk and james i think thats distortion

James Hetfield only ever uses amp distortion, the kind of sweet distortion you get from kranking tubes in a tube amp. Hammet likes to use Modded tube screamers to get that screaming solo kind of tone, if u want heavy rythm then u'd want to make use of your amps distortion with an overdrive pedal, if u want solo then perhaps you'd use an overdrive pedal on a higher setting or a distortion pedal.