Now this isn't a drastic change like 9s to 15s or anything but anyway...
I had my guitar adjusted to Dean Markley mediums (11-13-18-30-42-52) and I another guitar with DRs (gauge is irrevelent here). I realized the DRs felt better, lasted longer, etc. But the closest gauge DR has is 11-14-18-28-38-50. Will putting these on require any sort of adjustement to the truss rod?
If so, can I do it myself, I don't want to mess anything up

Well, thanks in advance
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Last edited by TillDeath at Jul 9, 2006,
shouldnt, both are listed as that companys 11's. swap them one string at a time.

it will need an adjustment if its on the verge of needing one anyway.

if the guitar is set up pretty well right now with no buzz, then ull probably be fine.
even if u needed any adjusting after, just repost we'll talk u thru it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you suck, elixirs are the way to go mate. btw your not going to need any truss rod adjustments just be careful of the a string since it may be lower than with your dean markley strings
^psssht, elixers cost more than a small fortune and deaden the tone on electrics IMO.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
^psssht, elixers cost more than a small fortune and deaden the tone on electrics IMO.

psst. how much do they cost you for me its about $30 and theyre quite bright on my electric
Quote by azn_guitarist25
psst. how much do they cost you for me its about $30 and theyre quite bright on my electric

Thirty freaking dollars for a packet of strings?

**** that.

Some of us have to pay bills.
They don't sell Elixirs anywhere near me, and they DO cost quite a bit...well for me anyway. My guitar is getting a little buzz from the 6th string on the 1st fret, but that's normal right? Right
Ah well, thanks for the help
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Quote by Eladamri
Thirty freaking dollars for a packet of strings?

**** that.

Some of us have to pay bills.

look at my location mate. and yes theyre quiet pricey but think about it daddario would last you 2 weeks tops before going sour. elixirs should last 6 months if you take good care.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=elixirs oh **** thats not that expensive comparing that to this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=daddario
Quote by TillDeath
They don't sell Elixirs anywhere near me, and they DO cost quite a bit...well for me anyway. My guitar is getting a little buzz from the 6th string on the 1st fret, but that's normal right? Right
Ah well, thanks for the help

you might need an adjustment.
u can start by raising the bridge a little. but often, 1st fret buzz means a slight back bow in the neck.

do u want to raise the action at the bridge and see?
is the buzz going thru to the amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
you might need an adjustment.
u can start by raising the bridge a little. but often, 1st fret buzz means a slight back bow in the neck.

do u want to raise the action at the bridge and see?
is the buzz going thru to the amp?

its just a case of fret buzz from the way the ts is describing it
well its all fret buzz when it buzzes a fret.
but what's causing it, is yet to be seen.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by azn_guitarist25
look at my location mate. and yes theyre quiet pricey but think about it daddario would last you 2 weeks tops before going sour. elixirs should last 6 months if you take good care.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=elixirs oh **** thats not that expensive comparing that to this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=daddario

lol wtf dude my D'addarios last over 3 months before even going grey!! Maybe you just have really sweaty hands or live in a really moist climate
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
nope. done it on my schools electric which gets used everyday and then done the swap over to elixirs
well maybe everyone else who uses it has mega dirty/sweaty hands lol, or the fretboard is manky and the dirt is rubbing off onto the strings
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer