as you probably understood, i ask for your help in order to decide...

line6- podxt live

digitech- gnx3

boss- gt8

?
i have gt8 myself, be warned this unit is very complecated ! but its also the most versatile mfx on the market now, however you can get some help from www.bossgtcentral.com if you are unsure how to operate GT8 to its full potential.
yes, i've heard too that it's a bit complicated. but i've also heard that among the three of them its the one with the more "realistic" sound. r u satisfied from its abilities?
i think it sounds the most realistic.. but it's BOSS so it will do

I tried one but used the default patches.. i can see it being complicated but it'd be worth learning if you can get great sounds from it
i have a pod live xt, and ive been pretty happy with it. i dont use a whole lot of effects but it has suited my need. the other thing that is nice about it is the fact that line 6 will put updates on thier website you can download to update your pod. I just did and up date and it added a couple amp models, fxs and like 7 different wah sounds.
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
why would you be interested in the gnx3 when there are two upgrades to that..

the gnx4 has everything the gnx3 has plus an 8track recorded, and better modeling.

the gnx3000 has the most realisitic modeling of the gnx series, but lacks the recorder (although you can record directly to a computer hands free)

All three can order the third party "super models" which are the most realistic models of practically every amplifier in use. not to mention the artist presets.

here's a list of the supermodel pack for the GNX3000 (which i have)
supermodel pack
B-52 AT-100 2X12 amp
Yamaha
gibson LP
Epi LP
Strat Knockoff
GNX3000
TS7 Tubscreamer
Various other pedals
gt8.

hands down.

yea i watched that video on the boss's website.
freakin' coool.
the guy with the strat pwns pretty good.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

I have the podxt live and i borrowed the gt8 for about 6 months. I can honestly say both are extremely great boards, but i prefer the podxt live. There are updates they let you download for free, then there are packs you can buy that contain even more fx, metal amp models, or classic amp models, and i believe they even have bass amp models and fx to go on your podxt live. The xt live comes with ALOT of models and fx already, but they are always coming up with new sounds for it. OH, and one of the greatest things about it, is you can download presets from other line6 users directly to your xtlive for no cost. They've got every kind of presets from atreyu to hendrix. I would say go with the podxt live, but it's all up to you.
ESP EC-100QM(Upgraded)
Gibson Flying V
Ibanez S470DXQM
SKB Rack
:BBE 428 Sonic Maximizer
:Tsunami 31 Band EQ
:Yamaha 150watt Power Amp
Line 6 POD XT Live w/ms model pack.
Crate GT412 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
EMG 81, 85
Monster Cables
Quote by grrrrrant
I have the podxt live and i borrowed the gt8 for about 6 months. I can honestly say both are extremely great boards, but i prefer the podxt live. There are updates they let you download for free, then there are packs you can buy that contain even more fx, metal amp models, or classic amp models, and i believe they even have bass amp models and fx to go on your podxt live. The xt live comes with ALOT of models and fx already, but they are always coming up with new sounds for it. OH, and one of the greatest things about it, is you can download presets from other line6 users directly to your xtlive for no cost. They've got every kind of presets from atreyu to hendrix. I would say go with the podxt live, but it's all up to you.

yeah, that's why i am still in doubt between pod and gt8... gnx is out :P i think i am going for the podxt... that download-upgrades & othercoolstuff ability really rocks... i dont know if that's possible on gt8 too... do you know??
I've tried all three, and IMO, the XTL is overall the best. It's loaded with features that you're actually likely to use in your regular playing. The interface is pretty much idiot-proof, and it's USB recording and programming software are about as simple, yet powerful as you can get. Plus it's expandable with model packs, and the internal engine can constantly be updated via software. It's important functions are easily accessible via the foot switches, and it's a pleasure to use.

The GT-8's models do sound more realistic if you take the considerable time to tweak them. It's multi-model engine is cool too, although a little overkill, I think. However, its interface is convoluted, counter-intuitive, and a pain in the ass to learn. Often, simple functions accessible with one or two 'step' on the other units will take multiple steps to acheive with the GT.

The GNX is a ncie unit too, but I don't care for its tone. It sounds very digital and sterile compared to the other 2. It's got great features for recording ideas and such, but I don't liek the way it sounds.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor