Hi all,

check this this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ022eXOK2Q&search=new%20manson%20matt%20bellamy

i know alot of Matt's guitars are custom made but i think he uses this model alot live. Its insane how you can control the audio or even stage lights with the build in FX pad. Crazy. How much do you think these monsters retail for? I cant find anywhere that sells them, iv searched the net with a fine tooth comb and can hardly find anything on Manson guitars.

EDIT: you can find Matt using this model here although theres no FX pad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPGxe5XZ6lw
Last edited by JerrySeinfeld at Jul 9, 2006,
should check out hugh mansons website. though its going to be hard to get an exact replica of that guitar.
fukcing crazy guitar :p
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
He's only recently had this guitar, its only about a year old so hasn't appeared on any of their old albums. Before this he's had guitars with inbuilt effects, killswitches and even ribbon strips, but this is his first one with a fully functional touch-pad. It doesn't work just as a Kaoss pad, it can be hooked up to work with almost anything. The cost of this guitar is somewhere in the region of £12,000 as far as I know, that was what they estimated it at when they were making it for him, his last one before that (with the ribbon strip), cost somewhere around £6,000 to make (don't quote me on these figures, it was about a year and a half ago since I spoke to Hugh and I've got a memory like a seive)

I frequently go to Manson's guitar shop as it isn't far from where I live, and regularly talk to the staff and even Hugh about his guitars. I've even bumped into Matt a couple of times there, even though he doesn't really go there any more. Gotta love Manson's.
Last edited by Tom Martin at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by Tom Martin
He's only recently had this guitar, its only about a year old so hasn't appeared on any of their old albums. Before this he's had guitars with inbuilt effects, killswitches and even ribbon strips, but this is his first one with a fully functional touch-pad. It doesn't work just as a Kaoss pad, it can be hooked up to work with almost anything. The cost of this guitar is somewhere in the region of £12,000 as far as I know, that was what they estimated it at when they were making it for him, his last one before that (with the ribbon strip), cost somewhere around £6,000 to make.

I frequently go to Manson's guitar shop as it isn't far from where I live, and regularly talk to the staff and even Hugh about his guitars. I've even bumped into Matt a couple of times there, even though he doesn't really go there any more. Gotta love Manson's.

you sir are officially one lucky bastard. though im dissapointed that this doesnt have a zvex fuzz factory. and yeh its an xy pad so can do anything
Quote by Tom Martin

You lucky *******

You met Matt? What happened?
Hey! That video's from a guitar mag I have!

That thing's got a one-piece mahogany body, Fernandes Sustainer in the neck and a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb in the bridge.

****ing crazy axe. You can buy it for about 2400 pounds.
Quote by sashki
Hey! That video's from a guitar mag I have!

That thing's got a one-piece mahogany body, Fernandes Sustainer in the neck and a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb in the bridge.

****ing crazy axe. You can buy it for about 2400 pounds.

dont forget the xy pad
Quote by azn_guitarist25
dont forget the xy pad

Yeah. Matt originally wanted the whole Kaos Pad to be built in, but that wouldn't fit, so they just put in the 'screen' and a processor, and that controls external effects, as you can see in the video.

I'm sure Hugh Manson's had tons of orders for this.
yeh just like how Matt wanted the digitech whammy built in but the thing would add to much weight so Hugh put in a Midi strip which controlled the whammy's function
I had an idea for a DIY mini strip. You can make one out of aluminium foil and an old video cassette tape. You gotta make this small frame which holds the stretched tape (conductive side DOWN) about 2 mm above a strip of aluminium foil. That way, it acts as a variable resistor and the resistance changes depending on where you press it. I think it would work...but wiring it would be tricky.

You can hook that up to control effects built into the guitar (like Matt's old guitar had a fuzz factory and a phaser...I think).