Which of the following is the best:

Schecter Damien-FR
LTD M100/250
LTD MH100/250
Jackson DK2
Jackson DXMG

I'm not sure yet, but i just might have enough money for a Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR or an LTD M/MH 400...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Last edited by dead-fish at Jul 9, 2006,
psst its LTD or ESP LTD not ESP. also what music do you play?

but im just jackson dxmg if its a hardtail
if you can get the money for the MH-400 i would get it, and dont get an ESP under the 400 series because its made of Agathis. (its your choice, but agathis comes on **** guitars)

if you cant get the money for the MH-400 or the Hellraiser, then i would go for the Jackson, the DXMG would be a good choice...i...guess

?

EDIT: and arent Jackson's alreayd routed for an OFR? If they are, then in that case you could buy one with a licensed FR, then once it craps out, just spend like 150 buying an OFR, and then your good to go
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
if you can get the money for the MH-400 i would get it, and dont get an ESP under the 400 series because its made of Agathis. (its your choice, but agathis comes on **** guitars)

if you cant get the money for the MH-400 or the Hellraiser, then i would go for the Jackson, the DXMG would be a good choice...i...guess

?

EDIT: and arent Jackson's alreayd routed for an OFR? If they are, then in that case you could buy one with a licensed FR, then once it craps out, just spend like 150 buying an OFR, and then your good to go

just because a guitar may be routed for a trem doesnt mean that any trem will be a direct fitment.
no, but i thought they were already routed for OFR

so if they are routed for them, couldnt you just plop one in and be done?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

save for the hellraiser it plays sooo sweet.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
no, but i thought they were already routed for OFR

so if they are routed for them, couldnt you just plop one in and be done?

no theyre routed for that Jackson trem but not OFR's. and of course thats if the routing is good enough for the trem. also the stud sizes need to be of similar size
Quote by azn_guitarist25
psst its LTD or ESP LTD not ESP. also what music do you play?

but im just jackson dxmg if its a hardtail

Fixed

And I play metal mostly, but also a lot of blues and classic blues rock (led zep, deep purple etc.)

the DXMG is an LFR.

Is it at least a solid build and solid wood? I mean, supposedly I like the tone Agathis has (tone is subjective, all of you keep your Agathis bashing aside for a minute), would it be a good buy?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
probably then if you like it, is it bolt on? or neck thru, the MH-400 is neck thru, and its ****ing beautful, whats the 250?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

The 250 is a neck thru too.
Also, I've been wondering this for a while: Since it's a neck thru and the neck is maple, wouldn't it sound more like the maple since the strings are attached to the same piece of wood and the pickups being on it?
Dead-fish, now that I think of it, if you want a trem, go for the Ibanez S470, Mahogany Body, Wizard II neck, ZR trem which is really good- some compare it to the Edge Pro's and OFR. If you changed the pickups it'd be awesome, and if you can save up for the Hellraiser FR than that also would be a great option as well. The S470 is around $500 new and you could change the pickups to anything you wanted, maybe duncans, emg's, etc.
Quote by dead-fish
Fixed

And I play metal mostly, but also a lot of blues and classic blues rock (led zep, deep purple etc.)

the DXMG is an LFR.

Is it at least a solid build and solid wood? I mean, supposedly I like the tone Agathis has (tone is subjective, all of you keep your Agathis bashing aside for a minute), would it be a good buy?

so whats your price range? and cheers for fixing up the ESP LTD thing

the quality on low low LTD's are very much varied but usually its pretty crap to be blunt. it would be an ok buy if you get the hardtail model
i second the Ibanez recommendation actually, it woul dbe a great guitar, or go with the Schecter Hellraiser if you can, but the low end LTD's, you probably shouldnt expect much in terms of quality and craftsmanship
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by pierce34celtic
Dead-fish, now that I think of it, if you want a trem, go for the Ibanez S470, Mahogany Body, Wizard II neck, ZR trem which is really good- some compare it to the Edge Pro's and OFR. If you changed the pickups it'd be awesome, and if you can save up for the Hellraiser FR than that also would be a great option as well. The S470 is around $500 new and you could change the pickups to anything you wanted, maybe duncans, emg's, etc.

I've tried the S470 and I didn't quite like it, although that was some time ago... Is the S470 better than the Hellraiser or is the Hellraiser the best option so far mentioned?

so whats your price range?

That's kinda hard, since I live in israel and prices here make no sense... But think more in the 400-900 USD area.
he said Hellraiser FR didnt he?

Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I'd take the Hellraiser over the S470 since it comes with EMG's which are ideal for metal and you wouldn't have to change the pups like you would with the S470. In addition, the hellraiser looks much better than the s470 which is very plain, but of course they're about $300 apart in price so that would only make sense the Hellraiser is much better.
i like the s470 granted the pups arent the best. im just not a huge schecter diamond series fan at all
Ibnaez s series anyday.

Buy one then change the Pups with some dimarzio bad lads
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
If you dont have the money for a hellraiser then get the damien. the only good LTD i played was Dave Mustaine DV8-R. and i just dont like jacksons much.
Go get your shovel.
The Jackson's are a DIRECT SWAP for a OFR, so you can just get an OFR when the LFR stops working and you won't have to do any modifying. The 2006 LFR are also supposedly better.

the S470 is cheaper than the Hellraiser, but you would have to replace pickups which could cost a lot depending on what you get and if you get someone to install them.

Here in the US a S470 is 500 or 600 (quilt top) and replacing HSH would be around $200
which comes to $700 or $800 which isn't really cheaper than a Hellraiser FR at $800

Also if you can afford a Hellraiser you should also be able to afford a RG1570 which I see is recommended a lot
Last edited by The 1 at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
no theyre routed for that Jackson trem but not OFR's. and of course thats if the routing is good enough for the trem. also the stud sizes need to be of similar size

Someone made a thread a while ago, saying that the Jackson JT bridges are a direct retrofit to OFR's.
Ok, unless I like the sound of the S470 the next time i try it, it's out of the question, as I can buy and install an OFR for a jackson with less money than changing pickups. An RG1570 is also out of the question, as it is grossly overpriced here. (like I said, the prices aren't exactly equal to the US prices)

Any other guitars that would be worth getting and that weren't mentioned?

EDIT: Ok, I looked on Schecter's website in the 'artists' section, and it says there that Avenged Sevenfold use a C-1 FR, which looks good (OFR, Mahogany, Duncan designed, which aren't that terrible and sound way better than Ibanez's stock pickups, IMO) and costs less than a Hellraiser, but when I looked for it on the regular product screen, it was nowhere to be found.

Is it a discontinued model? If it is, when did they stopped making it? (hopefully the local store still has some of them) If it isn't, what do you guys think of it?
Last edited by dead-fish at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by Mascot
Someone made a thread a while ago, saying that the Jackson JT bridges are a direct retrofit to OFR's.

it was diamond dave and it was the jt580 not the jt500 which the guitar has. and plus he never swapped out the studs so we dont know if its really a direct fit but aslong as the bridge fits with the jackson studs its good so far.
As of 2006, the DXMG and the DK2 both have the JT580, so this means that I could change the trem on either Jackson I buy.

could I change the trem on a Schecter?
i dont see why you wouldnt be able to changed the trem on the schecter
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
i dont see why you wouldnt be able to changed the trem on the schecter

the stud sizes could be different. the routing may also vary aswell
If you are gonna get an LTD, don't settle for less than the 400 models. You just aren't gonna get very good parts. I would save for the MH-400, that is what I'm getting in a month or so.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
If you are gonna get an LTD, don't settle for less than the 400 models. You just aren't gonna get very good parts. I would save for the MH-400, that is what I'm getting in a month or so.

we dont know how good the trem is, so if its **** and cant be replaced by an OFR then again they could get a tremol-no. but the thing im worrying about are the pickups. it may not suit what the ts is after