I was just wondering about the quality of the AL-3500 pickups. How would they be compared to stock Epiphone pickups? I was going to Seymour Duncans but then I came across these.

Basically the bridge pickup on my Epiphone just isn't hot enough. I need somethign more along the lines of a SD JB.
Stock Epiphone pups aren't really that bad, there are many other higher praised guitars with worse OEM pickups. THe AL-3500 are actually more vintage than the Epi's so if you wanted hotter, these aren't it. If you want to hear the difference you should go for the Duncans, or buy the Agile model equipped with Duncans.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Stock Epiphone pups aren't really that bad, there are many other higher praised guitars with worse OEM pickups. THe AL-3500 are actually more vintage than the Epi's so if you wanted hotter, these aren't it. If you want to hear the difference you should go for the Duncans, or buy the Agile model equipped with Duncans.

Ya, I have to avoid buying another guitar. I just picked up a used Schecter C-1 Classic about a week and a half ago. I am either going to upgrade my current pups or maybe pickup an OD pedal.
Yeah, from what i've heard the Agile Pickups would'nt really be hotter than your Epi's or Schecter.

BTW, where did you see Agile Pickups for individial sale?
Quote by Schizoid_Man
Yeah, from what i've heard the Agile Pickups would'nt really be hotter than your Epi's or Schecter.

BTW, where did you see Agile Pickups for individial sale?

On Rondomusic.net. Under accessories or parts or something like that. The only ones I saw were the AL-3500 pickups though.