Hey I want to replace two humbuckers in my epi LP standard. I play classic rock with a little blues. Most of the time I use the neck pup. Suggestions?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Quote by Tenacious Me
Hey I want to replace two humbuckers in my epi LP standard. I play classic rock with a little blues. Most of the time I use the neck pup. Suggestions?

Bareknuckles.

I hear many, many good things about Bareknuckles.
for classic rock get a PAF. The brand doesn't really matter all that much because all PAF pickups are trying to be exactly the same thing and they are living up to the same specs. There will be a slight difference between the brands but not enough to really matter
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
for classic rock get a PAF. The brand doesn't really matter all that much because all PAF pickups are trying to be exactly the same thing and they are living up to the same specs. There will be a slight difference between the brands but not enough to really matter

I dispute that, you could end up with Duncans which sound like ass (sorry, I couldn't resist).

What's your budget, tenacious me?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Get some P-90s. The ones without the wings that fit humbucker areas.

You mean soap bars?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Quote by Dave_Mc
I dispute that, you could end up with Duncans which sound like ass (sorry, I couldn't resist).

does ass have a specific sound?...

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
^ er... it sounds like crap, mainly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Different Strokes for different folks. There are some people who think they are the holy grail of tone.
Duncan '59/Jazz all the way.
Marshall MG100HDFX

Originally posted by Steve Cropper
The three things that can survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards.
about the p90s, make sure that they are fairly high output, cuz the neck ones are usually low output compared to the bridge, and you will need a bit of output to get a good classic rock tone on the neck pickup
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Guitarded-0
lol^

get alcinos if they arent already in there, or get some dimarzio PAF Pros.

any reason for that lol?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

seymour duncan custom custom/59 set
various bare knuckles
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Dave_Mc

I do admit to limited experiance with electronics but I have found oppertunity to swap out a few PAF pickups. Specifically
Dimazio PAF
Duncan PAF
Gibson PAF
Benedetto PAF
and surprisingly, they all sounded like PAF's.
Well id say get a Swineshead Condor for neck and a Runaway for bridge. I play Classick rock and blues and already have a Runaway for bridge and getting a Condor soon. They sund amazing.

If you can spend more a set of Bareknuckle Mules should be great.

Duncans are not good IMO (me and Dave's IMO)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you know whats a good idea to find out what the budget is lol. so ts how much you willing to drop for new pickups?
Quote by CorduroyEW
I do admit to limited experiance with electronics but I have found oppertunity to swap out a few PAF pickups. Specifically
Dimazio PAF
Duncan PAF
Gibson PAF
Benedetto PAF
and surprisingly, they all sounded like PAF's.

yeah, fair enough. was the gibson one an original paf?

I still say duncans are pretty poor for what you have to waste... i mean spend on them over here in the UK...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ a paf pro doesn't really sound anything like a paf, IMO...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Since everyone is wrapped up in PAF talk right now I'll just add my $0.02 and say that the Dimarzio PAF sounds like orgasm in the neck position when clean. And has a very thick creamy tone when distorted. I think it would be perfect for a 'vintage' gibson or LP sound.
what about getting gibson burstbuckers pros or 57's??
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, fair enough. was the gibson one an original paf?

I still say duncans are pretty poor for what you have to waste... i mean spend on them over here in the UK...

Yeah... Gibson had the orriginal PAF, and I agree that Duncans are way overpriced for what you get.
Switch your bridge with a stock humbucker from an old 335, the bridge with a 57 SG neck pickup , and replace the neck with an old silvertone lipstick pickup. If I'm thinking of the wrong guitar, then I'm sorry. You could also try Burstbuckers, they havn't let me down yet.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Yeah... Gibson had the orriginal PAF, and I agree that Duncans are way overpriced for what you get.

wow, cool.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?