Okay I know what they are and what you are supposed to do but i can't get it right
any tips?

AND

how do you do an eight finger tap like in that "throught the fire and the flames" dragonforce song?
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
well, the first thing you have to do is get a decent sounding harmonic...you do this by "pinching" the string in the sense that you touch your thumb to the string immediately after the plectrum...you should also do this at a spot that produces a strong harmonic, preferrably where the 24th or 32-36th frets would be located...after you have the sucker squealing, you just bend...you may find it more "scream-like" if you apply a wide vibrato to give it a pulsating effect...as for the eight-finger tapping, i haven't seen the tab but i would guess executing three consecutive hammer ons (along with the first picked note) with your fretting hand and tapping four more notes with your picking hand...i would also assume that Li and Totman would most likely perform this with their hands over the top of the neck to help mute lower strings and just look flashy
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.