I've just built some basic amp, it's not done yet, all I really have is a 1/4" input jack going into a 0.25W speaker (which I took from a radio) that runs from a 9v adaptor input jack. I was suprised it actually worked, but it's extremely quiet, you have to put your ear right up to it to hear any sound. I've also added a volume switch on it, but that still doesn't give it the volume I want. What part would I use to amp up the volume?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
Quote by RickGardiner
I've just built some basic amp, it's not done yet, all I really have is a 1/4" input jack going into a 0.25W speaker (which I took from a radio) that runs from a 9v adaptor input jack. I was suprised it actually worked, but it's extremely quiet, you have to put your ear right up to it to hear any sound. I've also added a volume switch on it, but that still doesn't give it the volume I want. What part would I use to amp up the volume?

That won't actually amplify anything. If anything, you're just offsetting the input by 9v. Just use a simple linear boost circuit. I'm sure you could make a miniamp out of that. Or use a design for headphone amps.