Hey all
Well I purchased a Marshall VS 30 and footpedal for a 100 euros from a friend, got home and tried it out again and realived it really is not that great at all. The tone is pretty bad and thats coming from someone who's main effects board is a Digitech rp 80. Well i need somthing very portable (i use public transportation to get around everywhere), but with some power as well cause i play at church and school. MY plan is to sell the marshall on ebay hopefully getting almost what i paid for it. Because i am really looking for somthing easy to carry around i seriously considering getting the Crate Power block because that could easily fit in my back pack, it has lots of power, and an effects loop. To go with that i would buy a 12inch speaker and make a custom single speaker cab. To me this seems like it would work and be very easy to transport, but what do you guys think. If anyone has ne sugestions under $300 please tell me. I don't really need a modelling amp cause i have a Rp 80 and am pretty happy with it (though the distortion is not the best). Also i dont really want a battery powered amp cause they are not powerfull enough. Thanks for the help.
The crate powerblock isnt that good. The overdrive is very poor, but its still got plentey of features.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Well i probly will be getting a distortion pedal anyway so that is not too much problem. As far as the Vo AD50vt goes it is too expensive and 20kg (44lb) which is definately too heavy to lug around town. Thanks for the quick replies though, please keep em coming.
Quote by e_dude
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Well i probly will be getting a distortion pedal anyway so that is not too much problem. As far as the Vo AD50vt goes it is too expensive and 20kg (44lb) which is definately too heavy to lug around town. Thanks for the quick replies though, please keep em coming.

Get the AD30VT or the AD15VT then, solid-state Crates are not worth it.
Does any one else have any suggestions? From what i have read the Crate has good reviews. Plus it would end up being cheaper the AD 30vt costs 280 euros so like $310 and i could get the crate and speaker for 230 euros. Also i have read the the speaker in the vox is not that great. i really would appriciate some more opinions. As i said before easy tranportation and sound my biggest concern. thanx
Roland Cube 60 used if it's too much new ?
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.