I have a starter guitar, which sounds awesome, but I'm looking for something that is a little more than just a start guitar. But as my name tries to say I am trying to be very eclecctic in my stylings on guitar (guitar + eclecctic = guitlectic). Anyways, I am looking for a nice hunk of wood that I can wail, sing, throwdown, jazz up, or in other terms excorcise various demons with. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Man, that's an awful username

And why not just put "E" instead of that apostraphe in the title?

Anyways, I dunno any ecclectic 'letrics.
whatever you do do not get a les paul, strat or a tele. you're gonna look like everyone else that plays, get a guitar that inspires you to stand out that no one else plays. im not saying their bad guitars, they just won't make you stand out unless you have amazing talent and lots of money to make one of them look flashy which i dont think you do yet. also, the strat whammy bar only goes one direction and les pauls and teles don't have whammy bars and those are a big tool in making you stand out and be eclectic.
Oh yeah? Do ya think it would be easier and cheaper just to go "frankensteining" once I find a body that I like? Well not easier, but cheaper?
probably not unless you're good at that because there's the type of thing that gets you positive attention and then there's just "what the **** did he do to his guitar?"
Quote by Necronomicon
whatever you do do not get a les paul, strat or a tele. you're gonna look like everyone else that plays, get a guitar that inspires you to stand out that no one else plays. im not saying their bad guitars, they just won't make you stand out unless you have amazing talent and lots of money to make one of them look flashy which i dont think you do yet. also, the strat whammy bar only goes one direction and les pauls and teles don't have whammy bars and those are a big tool in making you stand out and be eclectic.

honestly, i dont think that was good advice at all dude. people don't get strats and LPs and teles to make themselves or their guitars look flashy. they buy them kuz theyre damn nice guitars and they fit their style of playing... you can certainly create your own style on a guitar that other people use; Joe Perry and Jimmy Page and Slash all use Les pauls, but they all have their own style of playing.

oh and threadstarter, could you be a little more specific on what you want to be able to do with your guitar. the "wail and sing and throwdown" schpeel doesnt help much... i mean like just kinda describe the style youre working on a little better, thats all

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
honestly, i dont think that was good advice at all dude. people don't get strats and LPs and teles to make themselves or their guitars look flashy. they buy them kuz theyre damn nice guitars and they fit their style of playing... you can certainly create your own style on a guitar that other people use; Joe Perry and Jimmy Page and Slash all use Les pauls, but they all have their own style of playing.

oh and threadstarter, could you be a little more specific on what you want to be able to do with your guitar. the "wail and sing and throwdown" schpeel doesnt help much... i mean like just kinda describe the style youre working on a little better, thats all

he says he wants to be flashy, "people don't get strats and LPs and teles to make themselves or their guitars look flashy" therefore it was good advice. he's just got a starting guitar right now, no way would he be good enough to stand out with one of the aforementioned guitars. also i dont think he has the money to customize a les paul like zack wylde's bullseye or something so a les paul would not quite be flashy would it. its not a good idea to want to be flashy because of the guitar and not because you're good at it but hell everyone does their own thing, i guess if he's playing punk rock or something he doesnt need to be good at it just needs to stand out.
Quote by Necronomicon
its not a good idea to want to be flashy because of the guitar and not because you're good at it

thats what i was getting at. i was saying that he shouldnt rule out a strat or tele or LP just because other people use them. i was saying he should be more worried about what guitar is fit for him, not which guitar looks the coolest

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.