This is the cover im entering for the cover contest (most likely). Its missing vox, so it can get a bit boring. All guitar parts are done by me, bass and drums imported form guitar pro. The one major mistake i found was that due to some track effect mix ups (im using cool edit pro for effects) theres a 5-10 second riff before the solo where chorus was added in with the distortion, so it sounds kinda wierd. Youll definetly be able to notice it, but its not that bad. I improvised some parts of the second solo to cover up parts where i forgot what to do, and im actually pleased with the results.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=428192

if your having problems with soundclick, its getting kinda late right now so ill upload it on another site tommorow.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Your distortion tone wasn't very good, too much treble i think. Some parts around 4 minutes i believe sounded like you were trying to rush it and some parts of the solo sounded like you were trying to rush. I think it sounded pretty good playing wise, just work on the tone.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Good god, that lead tone was horrid.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
u need to work on staying in time and not wanting to rush...yes u sped up the metronome, but if u were working to Metallica's song, they were more about phrasing and less about speed. Really, it would be good if u also try to fix up the tone. One thing tho that was good about the song was u put the accompaniment together well and they arent ever clashing against each other. and how u did that weird little improv part sorta worked.

just yes...
1) WORK ON TONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
2) if youre gonna play a piece, get the tempo steady and if u want to build off of that and do extra improv-ing, remain in the boundaries of how the song was set-- otherwise make your own song lol :-P
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
The playing was all pretty good except for some of the minor timing issues. But I cannot stand the guitar tones. I pretty much hated all the tones for the guitars.

EDIT: I think there is too much mids in the rhythm guitar for Metallica. They have a pretty scooped tone. Lower the Treble a bit too. You may want to lower the treble a bit on the lead also.
Distorted tone wasn't good. First solo wasn't too bad though. Rythym isn't bad. Second solo was good. Last solo was decent. Overall, the recording quality takes away from the whole production, but I don't hold that against you.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
The tone is just nasty, but the playing is fine. The first solo was ok. The second one was weird to my ears. And the last one is decent. Overall nice job.

Crit my cover: http://xxxxx.dmusic.com/
Thanks

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (jb/jazz)
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Monster Cables
Line 6 PODXT Live
Thanks for the crits guys. I know the tone sucks balls, but its the best I can do right now. I can see some parts where i rushed a bit, but I was actually trying to finish the cover fast, I had to do it in like 30 minutes or somehting lol.

I have it on myspace now too: http://www.myspace.com/verdugoband

What gear are you using? Try this EQ setting:
low - 6
mid 4-5
high 7-8

I have a cheap Fab Metal and a Crate GX10 and sound better i must say. I don't think you have worse gears, just the wrong setting, try to play with the EQ to better the tone.

About the playing it was good, but the bad recording quality made some parts of the song sound very bad. The last solo was very well played, i suggest you to download the backing track from here: www.guitarbt.com
No its definetly the gear lol. I dont even have low mid or high knobs, just bass and treble (though could low and high be the same as bass and treble?) My guitars not too bad, yamaha eg-112, pretty much the same as a pacifica (ive played one) but my amp is a yamaha ga-10. ****ty to the extreme. hopefully at the end of the month ill have a new amp.

Hey, great playing, terrible tone on the distortion and leads. And playing's more important than tone. What did you use to record? Please crit mine in my sig!
This Is The Art Of Ruin
Ruin

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I play because the secret reptilian, alien empire requires it of me. I guess you could say it's "protocol."

Quote by Dirk Gently
icksnay on the ecretsay eptiliansray
Quote by NovemberRain273
No its definetly the gear lol. I dont even have low mid or high knobs, just bass and treble (though could low and high be the same as bass and treble?) My guitars not too bad, yamaha eg-112, pretty much the same as a pacifica (ive played one) but my amp is a yamaha ga-10. ****ty to the extreme. hopefully at the end of the month ill have a new amp.

Bass and Treble is the same thing as Low and High. Apparently your amp has a set mid range EQ. Try put the treble and bass up to about 8 and see if it sound "scooped" at all. Metallica has a very scooped EQ.
If i put the treble higher than 5 on my amp palm muting will sound reallllllly sharp and not good sounding. I generally keep treble on 4-5 and bass on 10 for rhythm, bass on 8 and treble on 10 for lead, and treble on 7 and bass on 6 for clean. thats what i found works best for my gear.

The ascending bit at 0:48 could use some work. It sounds like you can't quite play it up to speed yet. Also, work on the lick at 4:16, 4:29, etc.., and the fast runs at 6:04 seem kind of choppy as well. Otherwise, your playing seemed pretty solid. As others have mentioned, the tone definately needs some work, but it sounds like you're stuck with what you've got to work with at the present.

Anyways, good job.

Could you please crit my recording? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391121