im not a noob but ive never looked into this and now that im getting a new guitar i need one. can someone tell me how the strap lock system works? do you have to have a certain strap for it? thanks
u dont really have to have a certain strap,the one i have is really simple
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

I hate Gun"n"roses and i hate velvet revolver, there emo music, ew.

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
You can hot glue a washer onto your guitar and it works just as well and saves you a lot of money. thats what I thought about doing, but idk yet.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Haha That's actually not a bad idea as far as I can tell but I'd try it on a ****ty guitar first

but I've jsut started looking into strap locks but you can buy some straps with locks built in and then there are ones that actually just hook your strap in and I think you can use any strap but you need screw driver to change straps
the locks I have are designed so that you put it onto the pin and twist part of it so that the hole that you put the pin through is smaller and the pin cannot go through.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
the locks I have are designed so that you put it onto the pin and twist part of it so that the hole that you put the pin through is smaller and the pin cannot go through.

thats the kind i have,
and about the hot glue thing... my bassist uses a theory like that. he unscrewed the part u put the strap on and slid a washer threw it then slid then screw part threw the strap the screwed it back on and its just as good i slung it around and its perfect, though a friend of mine that uses that same theory says he uses like duck tape to just make sure it wont pop offf
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('') aww

RATM_Rocha wrote:

I hate Gun"n"roses and i hate velvet revolver, there emo music, ew.

^ lmao wat a retard ^

Plan-C page
Sup bro, well bro just buy some locking nuts (and trust me you will figure them right out) a retard could lock the strap in.

peace kel
Simply what you do with straplocks is you replace your guitar strap button's with them. You just unscrew your guitar buttons and screw in your straplocks. Some straplocks screws might be too small for some guitars therefore you need to do the glue + toothpick trick to fit it. I use schaller straplocks and it fits perfectly on my jackson dk2. Hope that helps.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
hmm, i have the dimarzio locking straps installed on my c1 classic.

works great.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

Quote by LetTheBassPlay
You can hot glue a washer onto your guitar and it works just as well and saves you a lot of money. thats what I thought about doing, but idk yet.

if uve seen a washer used as a lock, they didnt hot glue it. they removed the peg screw and added the washer then strap prior to rescrewing it.
^i think like said.

also like said, when u remove a strap peg screw, it can become loose a little while after u return it.
a quick fix is the adding toothpicks to the hole, then rescrewing in thru the toothpicks to get a grip.

dunlop makes a disc that slips over the strap peg, costs $2. (its pictured last below.)

the other three pics shows me removing the smaller pegs and replacing them wt schaLLER locks. they click on and off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
in pic 1. i removed the screw holding the two smaller pegs.
they are laying next to the 2 larger locks.
(each larger lock, is actually a 2 pc locking system)

in pic 2, i screwed on the female lock part into a generic strap hole.

in pic 3, i already screwed in the larger male peg into the guitar, and there i am clipping the female part (on the strap) to the male part (on the guitar)

the two parts clip (lock) on and off. -with a spring loaded pull off knob, located on the female part.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I just take a regular washer u can get them at hardware stores or machine shops just unscrew all the strap peices place the washer on the little strap holder put ur strap on and then screw it all back in to place.