I'm not sure if I posted in the right place, but, I'm getting a new acoustic guitar! I am having trouble picking out which acoustic guitar i should get. I have narrowed it down to two guitars. could you please tell me which one you think is a better choice. I play just about anything on acoustic besides country.

Fender CD100:
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--FEN961000

or

Ibanez PF5:
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAPF5

Thanks!
ive never played a fender acoustic but i have an ibanez acoustic electric and love it

lol idk if i helped
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
i would go with the ibanez, because ibanez's are usually pretty consistantly good when it comes to guitars. and i dont know why but ive always considered fender an electric guitar company, not acoustic. but it boils down to this(basically) do i want a black acoustic or a natural wood, because quality wise they are pretty close.

your welcome
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
ive never played an ibanez acoustic. i was surprised at how good an acoustic fender was when i played it cause ive heard they arent really good. but um i dono i was playing a stagg i liked it was non varnished. it was sexy. plus im not an ibanez fan though they do make guitar guitars im not a fan of the look plus i just dont like them.
ibanez's are icky cause they got cuties. im not gay but thats basicly a three year olds reason why i dont like ibanez's so im not really a substantial beacon for info.
my friend from the dorms last year had a really nice fender dreadnought.. it was a different model (high end) but it remains the most beautiful sounding acoustic i've ever played.. i've played ibanez acoustics before and i wasn't that impressed, though i played a lower end model.. i suggest going down to a music store and seeing if they have the same or similar models in stock and trying them out... personally, i'd go with the fender
I've played Fender's lowest-priced electro-acoustic and the body felt a little cheap (laminate i think) but the tone and projection weren't too bad. No experience with Ibanez acoustics, but they have a deserved reputation as one of the most consistently high-quality guitar brands so I reckon it'd be a fairly safe bet.
Love is not a victory march.
I don't know if there is a "Better" guitar. I don't really know if there's any such thing as a "Better" guitar. Because when it comes to sound, all things are preference.

That being said, I think that you can't really ask other people to choose for you. Go to your local guitar store and play the two of them. Whichever feels more natural to you, whichever one you like the sound of more, and whichever one has the right feel to it...that's the one you want to get.

I personally do like the Ibanez more, from what I can see of it, but if I were you I would go in and play both of them at a guitar store.
I think i'm going to go with the Ibanez.. should i get new strings to replace the ones that come with it?
Ibanez has a nickname. Its Ibeenhad. There's gotta be a reason why. Fender acoustics, well put it this way. Fender knows how to make an electric guitar. So what does that leave you with? You could probably get something better for the money. I have heard a Fender acoustic before but only plugged. I have heard that some guitars sound really good plugged in but really sh*tty when they are not. But if you play it and like it, then more power to you.
^ Very good. You're coming around...for $225, an acoustic electric will sound like shizit. I would look at the Yahamah FG700, like recommended above by Ben. Nothing beats it for the price.

EDIT:
Then, if you want to plug it in, you can purchase a sound hole pickup from me (look down). Its a good simple way to upgrade.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Correct. You're paying half of that for crappy electronics, the other half for plywood. If you put all of it towards a pure acoustic, you're going to get real wood on the top and a much better sound. If you need to gig with it later, you can mic it, or get a sound hole pickup for around $50...like the one I'm trying to sell.

Gear:
lol alright.. thanks man.

ok. one last question. should i get the yamaha fg700s or the washburn D10S. I am asking this because i read it was voted the best acoustic guitar under $500 by the acoustic guitar magazine.
I would try to play both of them. I've played both, and I tend to prefer the Yamaha...but its personal preference.

Gear:
Yeah I wouldnt pay 250 dollars for laminated plywood and a pickup. I have a Seagull s6 that I put a pickup in and it sounds so awesome.
Yes, its a nice guitar. But twice what his price range is.

Gear:
the acoustic electric wasn't laminated, it had a solid top. but, i've decided i'm going to get the yamaha fg700s with some elixir light strings. any objections?
^-- not at all. i'd get d'addario exp strings instead of the elixirs, but that's personal preference. i think you definitely made a good decision about which guitar to buy though. that fg is a much wiser purchase than either of the two guitars you were originally looking at.