Ok, so I want some help here, I am going to customize my behringer strat. I want to sand off the black paint and stain it amber red, I am also going to get a new pickguard for humbuckers and buy some good ones( so I want a tip on the most versatile). I also want to buy a new bridge but keep my trem. I was planning on getting the ghost saddles that wire in to a push-pull pot on one of my tone knobs to allow acoustic sounds. I also want to use my other tone knob as a push-ull for overdrive. This guitars body has such great tone and the neck plays nice, I set it up a bit myself, the only reason I am modding it at all is to make it like a high-end guitar at a low cost. I want some tips on the best stuff to get (price and quality) plus if anyone could help me with some tips on my wiring... my dad knows how but I am not the greatest.
GEAR:
67' Gibson ES-335(Cherry)
Oscar Schmidt Delta King
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
PEDALBOARD:
TC Electronic Polytune
Fulltone GT-500
Vox Wah
Ernie Ball volume
Sparkle Drive (clean boost)
Boss DD-20
dude i got 1 of those 2. i love the phat tone. i modded the intonation and painted blood splatter red on the top 1/4
The thing about pickguards is that the most easily available ones are Fender standard configurations.

This is fine if you have a Fender standard configuration.

But it can be a real bitch if you want something different.

You might even have to go custom.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
The pickguard I have is made the same way as a Fender, and I have already found a company who has the pickguard im looking for(if i do just two Humbuckers, but if I add in the single coil, then yes I have to go custom. I figure with how beutiful the tone of this guitar is, it deserves the electronics that bring out the beutiful tone of the wood.
GEAR:
67' Gibson ES-335(Cherry)
Oscar Schmidt Delta King
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
PEDALBOARD:
TC Electronic Polytune
Fulltone GT-500
Vox Wah
Ernie Ball volume
Sparkle Drive (clean boost)
Boss DD-20
Last edited by EBGuitar at Jul 23, 2006,