i was gonna get a fender hot rod deluxe but people told me it wasnt good enough for metal even with a good dis. pedal so reccomend me a good one around 600$ loud enough to hear over drums too
peavey xxx or 5150/6505 (maybe used)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For that price, a small Peavey XXX combo (Super 40 or 112) would be your best bet.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
do you play dark or bright sounding metal??
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

rephrase that question for the sake of it.
take out the not in that and it sounds about right, but seriously if u like metal and junk try a krank, theyre expensive as hell tho
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
take out the not in that and it sounds about right, but seriously if u like metal and junk try a krank, theyre expensive as hell tho

Then why would he try one if his budget is $600?

And to answer your question threadstarter, Combos can have tubes aswell. All the amps listed in this thread so far have tubes.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

hahahaha

You don't deserve an amp.

A combo is a power amp and pre amp and speaker in one box, a tubes are vacuum tubes used in the pre and power amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Yes.

Well ive tried a Blues Jr. (similar to a Hot Rod Deluxe) and it had amazing cleans, but would it do metal? Well tell me how many metal guys who uses Fenders for their hard sound? None and tehres a reason why...

And on tube amps OVerdrives sounds amazing, since they get the tubes to overdrive more and getting more dist, but a Fender with an OD will get good Classic Rock sounds with an OD so then youll need a dist pedal (like a Boss MT-2) but then theres no reason for you to have a tube amp, since dist pedals are SS distortion in a box, bassicly its an SS amp and your amp will sound like an SS one.

Look more for used Peavey 5150/6505 or XXX combos, they will do it!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ agreed, gabe. Don't buy a fender unless the heaviest stuff you play is classic rock, IMO.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Couldn't an attenuator make the tubeamp suitable for more higain distortions?
^No....still, if the gain is not there, more volume will not make it appear. An attenuator will add power tube distortion, which is just a slight overdrive. Very nice, but not high gain.

Like said, go with a used Peavey XXX or 5150, depending on whether you like a slightly brighter or slightly darker tone....
gabe: actually i get a pretty good metal tone out of my blues jr. w/ high output pick ups ans a boost. hell i can do iron maiden well enough with out a boost, and i get a s. anger-ish tone with a boost.

threadstarter: used 5150 combo.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
^No....still, if the gain is not there, more volume will not make it appear. An attenuator will add power tube distortion, which is just a slight overdrive. Very nice, but not high gain.

Like said, go with a used Peavey XXX or 5150, depending on whether you like a slightly brighter or slightly darker tone....

i disagree, slightly. On my engl the powertube distortion means i can play metal (of the not too modern variety) on channel 2 (out of 4). But you're right, it's not going to bump a fender up to, say, killswitch engage levels.

That being said, I thought the hot rod had plenty of gain on the more drive channel. It just sounded like crap, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

That being said, I thought the hot rod had plenty of gain on the more drive channel. It just sounded like crap, IMO.

Damn right, the Hot Rod's shouldn't even have the OD channels.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by gpderek09
gabe: actually i get a pretty good metal tone out of my blues jr. w/ high output pick ups ans a boost. hell i can do iron maiden well enough with out a boost, and i get a s. anger-ish tone with a boost.

Well i guess thats true of course (i got some nice gain out of it to, very classick rock-ish), but its not a metal amp, and as you said: Pretty good, the 5150/6505 or XXX will have a very good metal tone and is made for metal. Fenders are more for blues, classick rock and clenaer stuff.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by R_H_C_P
hahahaha

You don't deserve an amp.

A combo is a power amp and pre amp and speaker in one box, a tubes are vacuum tubes used in the pre and power amps.

Not everyone knows all of these things. Stop being a prick.
^Calm down, it was a joke.
Don't be afraid to care"

Hey Mate, buy a Marshall MG.

You'll love it, and it serves you right.

Off to the beginners forum with you!
Quote by davedoom
Hey Mate, buy a Marshall MG.

You'll love it, and it serves you right.

Off to the beginners forum with you!

Please don't even joke about this stuff. Sooner or later a noob is actually going to buy one based on bad advice. Some people think that a Marshall stack is a Marshall stack, no matter what model it is.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by The way to hate
Not everyone knows all of these things. Stop being a prick.

because i'm sure some of us believe that plugging a guitar into a vaccuum tube will emit sound...