Could anybody tell me what exactly happened to Syd. I know he went crazy, but why? Where is he now and did he leave Pink Floyd because of his problems?
a) LSD
b) somewhere in England. Cambridge? i forget where.
c) he was kicked out coz he was out of control, due to his drug abuse.
He was already schizophrenic and then he got into LSD, which is basically a few hours of schizophrenia in itself, so he got so fucked up that he couldn't function normally and now he lives with his sister.

MusicHead32, have you heard any of his solo work? If you haven't, I highly suggest it.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
Last edited by CornLord at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by CornLord
He was already schizophrenic and then he got into LSD, which is basically a few hours of schizophrenia in itself, so he got so fucked up that he couldn't function normally and now he lives with his sister.

MusicHead32, have you heard any of his solo work? If you haven't, I highly suggest it.

I am a big Floyd fan but I've never heard any of his solo work. I'll be sure to check it out though, thanks.
^ The two albums are called The Madcap Laughs and Barrett, and they are both incredible.
Quote by bigwillie
He lives with his mother now somewhere in England. I believe he actually got kicked out of the band, due to his inability to perform. Gilmour started as his stand in for live shows, then he just completely replaced him.
Quote by CornLord
^ The two albums are called The Madcap Laughs and Barrett, and they are both incredible.

The Madcap Laughs is one of my favorite albums of all time. Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Better than most Floyd, and better than The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.
Haven't heard his second solo album, though.
^ I actually slightly prefer Barrett to The Madcap Laughs, although it's pretty close.
Quote by bigwillie
Quote by CornLord
^ I actually slightly prefer Barrett to The Madcap Laughs, although it's pretty close.

Sweet. I'll have to go out and get that (or LimeWire some of the tracks). If it's slightly better than Madcap, then I'm gonna have to get it!
Thanks for the recommendation.
Quote by Jesse Mrau
He lives with his mother now somewhere in England. I believe he actually got kicked out of the band, due to his inability to perform. Gilmour started as his stand in for live shows, then he just completely replaced him.

His mother's dead, he lives in her house now. Syd was a better singer and songwriter than Roger Waters, it's a shame he went nuts. After he left Pink Floyd was basically the same thing over and over again, Syd could actually write some original material.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."