Page 1 of 2
ok i am completley confused and ready to throw stuff around...but i've narrowed it down to 2 amps..the crate XT120R...and the fender FM212R...the crate would be the cheapest but im looking for quality distortion and clean sounds...and well im not exactley rich...any suggestions on the right amp or mabye even one different then the 2 would be awsome...
Quote by Rocker...sorta
ok i am completley confused and ready to throw stuff around...but i've narrowed it down to 2 amps..the crate XT120R...and the fender FM212R...the crate would be the cheapest but im looking for quality distortion and clean sounds...and well im not exactley rich...any suggestions on the right amp or mabye even one different then the 2 would be awsome...

So you've narrowed it down to two extremely crappy amps?

What exactly IS "im not exactley rich"?
Quote by Rocker...sorta
well what amps would you suggest....not rich for me, being 15...is having $300 so far

Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD30VT.

Cube for metal, Vox for anything else.
I had that exact crate amp and if you are looking for quality distortion, look away. I hated it. I bought it b/c it was cheaper and big. What a mistake. I have no experience w/ the fender though. Now I have a traynor amp, but that costs almost twice the amount of the crate.
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Either a Roland Cube 30 or a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT. They're not as big, but they sound extremely good, and have more than enough volume for practice. Here's links with soundclips:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
ya...i looked at some reviews on sites and they said the clean channel on the fender is as good as always but the distortion was really bad but i think a pedal could fix that but yeah...theres way to many amps to pick from haha
Quote by Vindication
Roland Cube 30 or Vox AD30VT.

Cube for metal, Vox for anything else.

He's got 300 to spend, it'd be better for him to upgrade the purchase to either a Cube 60 or AD50VT after saving an extra 50 bucks to buy them. Or go used.
methinks a vox or roland, you can go bigger than a 30 watt, they do have them after all.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
im still saving up money cuz well right now im got a 15 watt marshall and it aint workin with drums right next to me so i need QUITE a bit more power
so the crate amp idea is trash....what does everyone think about the fender fm212R, if i got a distortion pedal
I have a Fender Frontman. It's got some spectacular cleans for a solid-state amp. At lower levels, the distortion isn't too aweful either. However, at any sort of high volume setting, the amp loses clarity, and definition, and has quite a bit of feedback as well. It also sounds a little fake. Unfortunately, the problem can't really be fixed with a distortion pedal, I tried. It still sounds fake and crappy. Perhaps a high-end tube distortion pedal like a Rocktron Silver Dragon or a Tonebone might fix the problem, but you don't want to spend over $100 on a distortion pedal. You're best off to go with the above suggestions of a Roland Cube 60 or a Vox AD50VT. Both of those will have enough power to get you over a set of drums.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
ok thanks, but im a little tired of spending money on amps that r a little better thean the previous and i know i shouldn't be to picky but i just wanna save enough money to get an amp around 100 watts so i dont keep wasting money, but il look into those amps.
any really kick ass distortion amps around 100 watts that any of you own that you would tell me about cuz i need a new amp fast
Quote by Rocker...sorta

im gonna be getting a peavey classic 30 soon look into that
nice cleans and an ok distortion( good for most rock) its not gonna do metal
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
Quote by Rocker...sorta
any really kick ass distortion amps around 100 watts that any of you own that you would tell me about cuz i need a new amp fast

@ $300?
OK...so far i've been told not to get the crate...that a distortion pedal makes the fender sound fake and that i should buy a bunch of 30watt amps...and il say it again, i have $300 SO FAR.....what im really looking for is something around 100watts (i dont think im some big shot thats gonna be famous by tommorow i just wanna buy an amp that i dont get sick of in a month or 2..) and i play alot of rock and heavy metal so its gotta have good distortion and i only use the clean once in a while so it doesnt have to be the best...sorry if i dissed some of your suggestions but they arnt what im looking for.
My only advice is to go try a few out then you'll know how much you have to save i guess and what suites you best.

Like a lots of guys in here might tell me the Fender Strat is an amazing guitar, they're probably right in saying so too but if I bought one on their recommendation I'd be disapointed as the Strat sound aint for me. Tone is a personal thing, much like favourite colours etc. Go find one you love.
The crate will best for avenge seven fold like distortion and you can also get a real creamy distortion with the crate. AND if you get the crate pm me and ill give some great settings.
I like the distortion on it but what i dont like is that on the little pedal thing that comes with it, the red botton does nothing , other than that its great. And its loud. enough to over power a drummer at half way up.
great...so if the distortion is so good then why do some people say its horrible..i know people have different liking but other than that i dont know
well thanks, im out for now but im glad someone tells the truth, i hope u are any way haha well thanks
The lead channel is pretty good for a solid state, of course you get what you pay for, it's very loud, pretty much too loud for home use you really don't need all the 120Watts. The cleans are decent, they're kinda sterile and toneless to my ear. The rhythm channel really does nothing. It's decent, but i think you should go for the cube 60, i'm getting rid of my crate xt120r within a month or so if you want to buy it maybe we could work something out.
i used to think 100 watts was the big cheese, but most of them arent that great. Try out the Vox Valvetronix 100watt it's about 550$ new, i haven't played that but i've played smaller vox in the same series. The Roland Cube 60 isn't bad ether. Just stay away from MG's or Fender amps (unless you want cleans), as well as crate and line 6 (unless you like digital sounds).

Go test some out in a store
Quote by pacoasterrider
crate or line 6 (unless you like digital sounds).

Thats only true for Crates SS
The tube Crates are fine
I just bought a Roland cube 60...I can honestly say it is the greatest ss amp I have ever heard. It models a mesa boogie dual rec and has an awsome metal model too. It even has the best acustic model I have ever heard. Cleans are decent too.
im a little nervous about buying a 60watt amp though because i hate wasting money but if its good i guess its worth it but i still sorta want around 100watts just incase my band starts moving ahead...and im starting to get pretty confident about that crate...but for the celtic guy who wanted to sell it to me, i live in Canda and i think the shipping would kill me, otherwise a good idea
Last edited by Rocker...sorta at Jul 10, 2006,
60W IS loud enough
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
ok now with the crate XT120R amp would there be any areas that need to be enhanced by a pedal or anything?
*sighs* I guess you don't care about tone..
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
You don't NEED 100 watts of power. 50 is plenty. In many cases 30w is enough.

To me it sounds like the Cube 60 would suit you best.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I say if you care about tone stay away from the crate...be ready to make an investment. You'll thank yourself when you have what you really want...not something you're settling with. Until then you wont be satisfied.
Page 1 of 2