I have new pickups i want to put in my strat copy, how much do music stores usually charge to install them?
you can do it yourself if you have a soldering iron, some electric tape and half a brain. even i pulled it off.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Around $40-$50 possibly. Maybe more, maybe less it just depends. I did it myself since it is very easy since ther is only 2 wires per pickup to solder and soldering is really easy.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
There is no reason why anyone can't do it themselves. Practive soldering with some scrap wire first, and just be very careful and take your time. It is a simple job.
I dont have acess to a soldering iron, and if it was cheaper than going out and buying one, i would just have then installed, that is all.
soldering iron.

17.99 for a 25w Weller

solder

2.99 for a medium sized roll.

$22-ish dollars compared to $40-50? I take doing it myself.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Do it yourself. It's too easy. In fact any serious electric guitarist should pull the pick guard and take a look what's back there.

I'm sure that 99% of computer geeks know exactly what's in that computer case and most have built their own systems. The same with serious guitarists, they should know how those wires relate with the pots, switch, and pickups.

I have modded every strat I have by myself by replacing most of the electronics and pups. It's quite easy. What type of pickups did you buy?

Heck, I once got a solder iron at a dollar store and the solder at Radio Shack is $1.98. If you are smart enough to play a guitar, replacing pickups should be a breeze.
Last edited by Siciliano at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by Siciliano
Do it yourself. It's too easy. In fact any serious electric guitar pull the pick guard and take a look what's back there.

I'm sure that 99% of computer geeks know exactly what's in that computer case and most have built their own systems. The same with serious guitarists, they should know how those wires relate with the pots, switch, and pickups.

I have modded every strat I have by myself by replacing most of the electronics and pups. It's quite easy. What type of pickups did you buy?

Heck, I once got a solder iron at a dollar store and the solder at Radio Shack is $1.98. If you are smart enough to play a guitar, replacing pickups should be a breeze.

Please no more talking at all.

I build computers and audio equippment. Both are practically opposites, any soldering iron less than $10 is total crap.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
guitar centers charge $40 USD, PER PICKUP. ouch.
$20 USD at local shops.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
man just get a soldering iron and some solder, youll need it again at some poin to work on your guitar again
do it urself, much cheaper and then you dont have to worry about changing them in the future.
EVH
Google it, you should be able to find some directions on how to install them.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music