You all thought I couldn't figure out the wattage, didn't you? Anyway, I know that tubes are louder than solid state with the same wattage, but what about hybrid amps? The AD30VT has a solid state preamp and a tube power amp, so does this give it tube volume or solid state volume?

Its a preamp tube used in the power amp for tube amp-like breakup. It doesnt make it much louder. And tube amps are the same loudness as solid states, just they sound louder to us.
Nope exactly as loud as a regular solid state amp. The single little 12ax7 only effects the current enough to give it a warmer tone and thats about it. A Spider 30 with the 12" speaker is louder than the AD30VT.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Its a preamp tube used in the power amp for tube amp-like breakup. It doesnt make it much louder. And tube amps are the same loudness as solid states, just they sound louder to us.

Umm... I don't know how to put this, but they sound louder because they are louder. Umm.

Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
Solid State I'd guess. I thought that hybrid amps were basicly solid state with everything and that they were called hybrid was a marketing ploy, I could be wrong though.

Nope, they've got tubes. I can see 'em.

Quote by Funky P
Nope exactly as loud as a regular solid state amp. The single little 12ax7 only effects the current enough to give it a warmer tone and thats about it. A Spider 30 with the 12" speaker is louder than the AD30VT.

Ok then, thanks.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Nope, they've got tubes. I can see 'em.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying that the tubes in a hybrid amp dont add anything to it, so I've heard. It's basicly just a solid state in terms of volume/tone.