I need a way to record multiple amps at once. I know that Radial makes a direct box w/ 1 input/6 outputs. But its a little bit pricey. Is there a cheaper way to do this? I am using a small Peavey PV6 mixer plugged into my line in port on my Dell computer. I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. Thanks for the help.
first of all, don't use cool edit, i use to have it... go to acid or cakewalk or CUBASE or somthing, you will find it to be, at least 1000000000000 times better,

what interface do you have?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by interface. I have a PV6 analog mixer and it goes to the line in on my Dell Dimension 4500 desktop. It says in my device manager a SoundMax Intergrated Digital Audio.
cool edit is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
first off, you have to know what you're doing.

multiple guitars into one track would cancel each other's sound out

let me explain -

2 mics on two different amps will definitely cause phase cancellation which basically is like putting a negative side of the magnet with the negative....wtf happens?

they pull away.

same with sound, they pull away from each other and it sounds very thin.

i suggest just double tracking the guitars and use the two different amps.

-edit-
unless of course you're planning to record the amps in two different rooms but plugged in from the same guitar.
Not neccesarily, if they're cancelling each other out turn around the phase on one of the mics
wave pad man, get wave pad, its free and it works well!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!