so my amp just started making a weird noise today. when i play my guitar (clean or with distortion) it makes a real ugly crackling/static noise. the noise isn't too loud or noticeable, which makes me hope that i didnt blow out the whole thing. but, it is definitly present, and makes it un-playable.

Does anyone know what my problem might be?? How much will it cost me to have it fixed??

THANKS
try a different guitar cable and make sure ur guitar input isnt loose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Is it a tube or a solid state?

What kind of brand is it?

I f you answer these, than I can probably help you.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
when you play is there ever a radio on or a cell phone near? that can cause som major interference
Quote by Vindication
Really? If you spill liquids on electronic devices, it messes them up?!

Enlighten us with your wisdom more, O grand and all-knowing BoomerSoooner!

Quote by CanadaHckyDude
kill her...that'll set you free

not sure
its a peavey bandit 112 with "transtube." I dont think its the cable, becaue I've tried numerous ones, and unfortunatly its not the cell phone issue either.
Quote by jj1565
try a different guitar cable and make sure ur guitar input isnt loose.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its yer cable or your input jack needs to be bent back into shape
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
thanks but its not the cable. how can the input jack be bent back into shape? i know nothing about fixing electronics.
Quote by dhampian
its a peavey bandit 112 with "transtube." I dont think its the cable, becaue I've tried numerous ones, and unfortunatly its not the cell phone issue either.

is the jack on the guitar loose?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

nope. it was workin perfectly with my friends amp...so im pretty sure its just my amp
what type of guitar?

and can u move the amp to a different room to plug it in there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

fender strat (mexican). i already tried different outlets in my house and other people's houses...definitley not that...like i said, im almost positive its the amp itself
well, sometimes anything from a dimmer light to a computer can cause backround noise in a specific room.

ok well as long as u swapped the cable, outlets, 60 cycle hum, maybe try a different guitar wt the amp (if u havent)

after that, sounds like u need an amp tech.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ya its probably busted. if it is..what would anyone recommend buying. should i just forget the combo amps and go w/ a cabinet? is there a big difference anyways? my price range is 300-500 bucks...what would you all recommend?
well i guess u can try to trade it in.

a combo will give u a little more than an amp/cab in ur price range.

what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

anything and everything but punk and metal. a lot of blues rock, classic rock and stuff like that.
man, ud probably love a fender blues jr. and on OD pedal.

15 tube watts. pretty loud, good for small gigs, bigger if mic'd.

not sure how big ur looking tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

the wiring just inside your jack might be touching something, causing it to do that, just re solder it, that happened to me
you shouldnt open ur amp unless u know what ur doing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62