Alright I guess i'll put this into this forum...so i've been playing guitar for a little over a year, and i'm just wondering if other people here do what I do. So today at band practice me and the other guitarist were just making up stuff for a song. And he noticed something that I also myself just noticed. I'm pretty good at doing harmonics, but I do them really...weird. I'm talking about you when you flick your wrist sort of and hit it, I do that...but on my fretboard? I'll be picking near my pickups and when I hit a harmonic I quickly move my hand up and hit it. (ike around the 14-15th fret)...It's something I actually didn't realize I was doing but after looking at videos of people doing harmonics, i've yet to see someone do this? Is this normal? Do any of you do this? I'm not looking to change the way I do it, I do get really sweet sounding harmonics, but i'm just wondering if i'm really weird, or is this common?
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Its normal, I just do it near the pickups but how close you are to your pickups and where you decide to pinch harmonic determines the type of "squeal" you get.

Well thats what Ive determined atleast
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
it doesnt matter how you do it
whatever way YOU do it, if it works, thats the right way
ahh i love guitar
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
It's perfectly normal, you just get different sounds from doing pinch harmonics in different places.
Quote by INNOCENT VICTIM
Hmmmmm...... i gotta try that but are you talking about natural harmonics are pinched harmonix

Pinched...and alright thanks guys for the um..help?
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.