I'm thinking of putting some humbucker covers on my Seymour Duncans. Do the humbucker covers affect the tone in any way?
not much
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
Quote by Siciliano
I'm thinking of putting some humbucker covers on my Seymour Duncans. Do the humbucker covers affect the tone in any way?

I believe they effect the output (from what ive heard) so if u play any form of metal i would double check before u buy them
if it does, ajust your tones on your guitar or amp to make it sound as it did before
^removing can get u a brighter sound. but not even noticable unless it was a crappy pickup and the cover was doing more harm than good.

but u dont find a ton of "stock" crappy covered pups.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i honestly think what little difference pup covers make can be tweaked out at other points along your chain.
yeh i believe their, their for aesthatics rather than sound. so what difference made would most likely be covered up by effects or your equalizing of the amp
Quote by axe_thrasher
my problem is i cant find a place to buy em

mate its all aesthatics theres no tonal advantages let alone the trouble of installing them. if you want the look of them go drop the money and buy pickups that have them installed