Ok so i play Alternative and Indie and i need an amp. (Radiohead, Death cab, coldplay, pedro the lion, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists, Nada Surf)

I'm looking at the Vox AC30 and the Fender Bassman.

Which has a better tone for what i play?
Which is a better investment?

What would you get?
Get the Vox AC30. It has not only a great clean but a great, mild overdrive. The Fender Bassman is pretty much all clean with no overdrive unless you crank it, but its loud.I absolutely love the Vox AC30 and play it everytime I go to the guitar shop.
fenders are nice but voxs are the smoothest, sweetest sounding amp you will ever hear
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I presume that most of that music is indie and the standard amp for that is the ac30 so i'd go with that.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
If you can afford it you could use them both, one for your dirty sounds then the other for your clean sounds. I know Greenwood and York use both Vox's and Fenders.