Page 1 of 6
ok i was thinking about this last night, what happens if scientists create a new colour?
EDITi duno y scients would make a new color
one that has never been seen before and is not natural so u physically cant have seen it before, a new primary colour! i thought i was wierd. or what is the boundary of the universe???

actually!!! post any wierd thoughts or try to make intelectual discussions on this thread
Last edited by HumBucker666 at Jul 9, 2006,
It is impossible for scientists to create a new colour

As for the boundary of the universe thing, thats something that always gets me. If the universe is made up of mainly space (which is nothing, a vaccuum, zilch), and it is ever expanding... what is it expanding into? What is more nothing than nothing that nothing can expand into without being just more nothing? Just saying it confuses me.
you cant create colors, colors are the reflections of rays of light bouncing off of objects
"Acid was my favorite drug, it expanded my mind, when I was on acid, I realized a lot of things...like butter is way better than margarine, I saw through the bullshit"-Mitch Hedberg

when asked the uses of a pick
Quote by 4e574e57363g
masturbation device
We can only see a certain range of frequencies that make up colours, so while there could be certain mixtures we haven't seen before there won't be anything drastic until they invent some way we can see additional frequencies.
I have thought about that before. I have tried to think of a color I have never seen before, and then to think of a color I can't think of. It never works as you can assume. That is like what someone posted on here a while back. About a computer randomly assembling pixels and coming up with pictures of people that they never posed for. I would be happy if they invented a new color. I would paint my house that color.

haha, there would be christians that would refuse to accept it as a real color, because it is "against god"
Quote by the irish rover
i dont think i like you very much at all 1/10
**** guys... stop crushing this guys dreams smoke some reffer and then you'll relize you can make a new colour
Quote by Tom Martin
As for the boundary of the universe thing, thats something that always gets me. If the universe is made up of mainly space (which is nothing, a vaccuum, zilch), and it is ever expanding... what is it expanding into? What is more nothing than nothing that nothing can expand into without being just more nothing? Just saying it confuses me.

Thinking about that is a good way to get a headache.

Also thinking about how the Universe "began" with the big bang. Just trying thinking for a moment, about the fact that if the Universe began at some point then what was there before?
we can see everything in the visible light spectrum right now, it would merely be attaching another name to another frequency.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
Quote by Tom Martin

That space, vacuum and zilch is all energy.
Quote by amp_322
we can see everything in the visible light spectrum right now, it would merely be attaching another name to another frequency.

what if we could see something outside of the visible light spectrum though. Like UV rays for instance. What would those look like?
Quote by Ledzepdoublenek
**** guys... stop crushing this guys dreams smoke some reffer and then you'll relize you can make a new colour

that just made my post obsolete
"Acid was my favorite drug, it expanded my mind, when I was on acid, I realized a lot of things...like butter is way better than margarine, I saw through the bullshit"-Mitch Hedberg

when asked the uses of a pick
Quote by 4e574e57363g
masturbation device
i thought the end of the universe is one huge black hole which made the earth seem so tiny its unbearable
Quote by Morrison_lizard
that just made my post obsolete

why thank you but its pretty cool weed makes you think about things like that (alot less than acid and **** but i just stick to the weed).
EDIT: 5 minutes to chapelles show bitches!!!!!!!!!!!
they're called ultra-violet rays because they are ABOVE violet in the light spectrum. we see them lighten and lighten as tints, then they are not visible. same with infrared. they're below red, until we can see nothing.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
Quote by amp_322
they're called ultra-violet rays because they are ABOVE violet in the light spectrum. we see them lighten and lighten as tints, then they are not visible. same with infrared. they're below red, until we can see nothing.

yeah, but they are detectable.

So I was just saying it would be cool if there was a way we could naturally see them.
Quote by Johnljones7443
That space, vacuum and zilch is all energy.

But of course. If you want to into the physics of it all I would be happy to oblige, I've got an A levels worth of physics stored up in my old noggin.

Its still confusing.
i like how no one is calling anyone else a dumbass in this thread...nice peaceful intulectual arguement
Quote by Tom Martin
But of course. If you want to into the physics of it all I would be happy to oblige, I've got an A levels worth of physics stored up in my old noggin.

Its still confusing.

Me too
Quote by HumBucker666
ok i was thinking about this last night, what happens if scientists create a new colour?
EDITi duno y scients would make a new color
one that has never been seen before and is not natural so u physically cant have seen it before, a new primary colour! i thought i was wierd. or what is the boundary of the universe???

psh. you think YOU think about weird things? the other day i was pondering if in the early stages of man (i.e. the caveman days) whether or not women gave birth in litters. at first it sounds like a silly, stupid concept, but think about it: wild animals give birth in litters to ensure survival of their kind, since there is no such thing as medicine and fast food in the animal kingdom. each animal must hunt, find shelter, and survive on its own. so, if back then man had to do this as well, then doesn't it make sense to think that females possibly gave birth to litters rather than one child?
are u sure that humans cant grasp the concept of infininty? there are aspects of infinity in maths which people seem to grasp
Quote by madbasslover
psh. you think YOU think about weird things? the other day i was pondering if in the early stages of man (i.e. the caveman days) whether or not women gave birth in litters. at first it sounds like a silly, stupid concept, but think about it: wild animals give birth in litters to ensure survival of their kind, since there is no such thing as medicine and fast food in the animal kingdom. each animal must hunt, find shelter, and survive on its own. so, if back then man had to do this as well, then doesn't it make sense to think that females possibly gave birth to litters rather than one child?

that is freaking wierd
My women friends always tell me that the more colours you can name, the more colours your eye sees. So while I see white, they see white, "raw", and God knows what other colours. White is white, for Christ's Sake!
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
The universe can bite my shiny metal ass.
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Quote by HumBucker666
are u sure that humans cant grasp the concept of infininty? there are aspects of infinity in maths which people seem to grasp

Yeah, it's true, The human mind also can't fathom how much a trillion is. You literally can't understand how large of a number that is, which is kind of depressing seeing as how we're 8 trillion in debt
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
i really wanna know about this is there a certian number that seems to follow people around? for me it is 94. almost everything in my life is based around 94. my computer frozed todat 94%of the way of installing something my books in school are all 94 my bus is 94 the cement mixer which came to my house was the 94th out of 100 in the company the price of petrol is 94.4 pence in the north of ireland and my mums car reg. plate is AKZ 9461 also there is an uger called astro zombie 94. my best mark was in english with 94%. and my granny died at 94. does this kinda stuff hapen to u? or is it coinsidnse?
Quote by HumBucker666
i really wanna know about this is there a certian number that seems to follow people around? for me it is 94. almost everything in my life is based around 94. my computer frozed todat 94%of the way of installing something my books in school are all 94 my bus is 94 the cement mixer which came to my house was the 94th out of 100 in the company the price of petrol is 94.4 pence in the north of ireland and my mums car reg. plate is AKZ 9461 also there is an uger called astro zombie 94. my best mark was in english with 94%. and my granny died at 94. does this kinda stuff hapen to u? or is it coinsidnse?

Well at least you can relax knowing that you are going to live a long healthy life
yea well does anything wierd seem to always be there when u do something????

edit:""In A Weird Way His Dying Helped Me To Live""

porcelen doll r sweet!
Quote by HumBucker666

we can comprehend abstract representations of zero and infinity, but can't actually understand their actual implications.
Can't make a new color because it all has to do with the color spectrum
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by HumBucker666
yea well does anything wierd seem to always be there when u do something????

yeah. whenever i masturbate, there's always a strange, bearded little man standing outside my window with a wand and a bag of doritos.

EDIT: by the way, another thing i was thinkin about the other day is whether or not cannibalism would be healthy. think about it, if you were to eat a human being who ate a balanced diet and was athletic, then that's every nutrient you need to take in, all from one meal. you'd only have to eat a real meal once a day because you'd have gotten everything you needed from that one person.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by madbasslover
yeah. whenever i masturbate, there's always a strange, bearded little man standing outside my window with a wand and a bag of doritos.

sigged
Quote by Tedrick
Yeah, it's true, The human mind also can't fathom how much a trillion is. You literally can't understand how large of a number that is, which is kind of depressing seeing as how we're 8 trillion in debt

the human mind starts having trouble around the number 20.... if you looked at 20 pennies or something, and then looked at 30 a few minutes later, you wouldnt be able to see much of a difference. youre right, a trillion is literally impossible to understand.
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Quote by Tom Martin

How I see it....is you can't think of the vaccuum expanding, but rather the matter that is in this vaccuum that keeps pushing outwards. Now is there and end to the vaccuum? Or is it possible that this vaccuum is infinite? That's the real messed up part.

And what about the concept of "forever"?

Will time go on forever? Even after this universe has collapsed in on itself, does time continue? If there is nothing there, is there time? Or does time end with the end of the human race, because it is us that invented the concept of time?
Quote by popapwned
the human mind starts having trouble around the number 20.... if you looked at 20 pennies or something, and then looked at 30 a few minutes later, you wouldnt be able to see much of a difference. youre right, a trillion is literally impossible to understand.

I start losing it somewhere around 3
Quote by the_experience
How I see it....is you can't think of the vaccuum expanding, but rather the matter that is in this vaccuum that keeps pushing outwards. Now is there and end to the vaccuum? Or is it possible that this vaccuum is infinite? That's the real messed up part.

And what about the concept of "forever"?

Will time go on forever? Even after this universe has collapsed in on itself, does time continue? If there is nothing there, is there time? Or does time end with the end of the human race, because it is us that invented the concept of time?

thanks alot. as I was reading your post I got a migraine. good job buddy!!