I've been playing guitar for three months and can play most songs (except for solos). whats a good song for me to learn? it seems like all songs are either too hard or too easy. recommenda good one for me please
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by God Am
*extreme southern drawl* DEW FREEBUURD! DEW EE-UT!

i love how people do that at concerts

anyways. try learning "lateralus" by tool. it's dynamic, fun to play, and is just a good song. and the solo isnt that hard. it's a nice simple piece of the song.

for a classic that has a solo that's good to practice with, try "sunshine of your love".

Blood and Thunder by Mastodon is easy and sounds pretty impressive. Try learning that.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
i say try playin some as i lay dying.
my gear:

- Jackson DXMG with EMG 81 and 85
- Ibanez RG5EX1 (saved $320 hehe)
- Line 6 Spider III 120 watt amp
- Marshall 60 watt
- ion guitar
- crappy ion amp
- lyon distortion pedal
- ion vocal amp
(last 4 are my old gear)
Quote by deadmansdiary
what are some songs you can play now?

umm....Crazy Train (except for the little lead guitar parts in it) and a bunch of muse songs. I know a bunch of various metal songs as well. i mostly play metal and the occasional classic rock.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by JamesKid3
i love how people do that at concerts

anyways. try learning "lateralus" by tool. it's dynamic, fun to play, and is just a good song. and the solo isnt that hard. it's a nice simple piece of the song.

for a classic that has a solo that's good to practice with, try "sunshine of your love".

The last person who said that to me got a guitar with unclipped strings rammed headstock first down their throat into their intestine.
Quote by JamesKid3
try learning "lateralus" by tool. it's dynamic, fun to play, and is just a good song. and the solo isnt that hard. it's a nice simple piece of the song.

I LOVE YOU FOR THAT.

Anyway, tool sounds like a great band for what I'm guessing you're ready for. Not to mention their just plain the greatest band of all ever... Their freakin' holy awesome. They are the **** of teh crap, man.

1. Complex (between instuments)
2. Fun
3. Awesome
4. Lyrically awesome

Tool can often have obnoxiously hard guitar riffs, but it just takes working with it to get where you can play it in your sleep.
"My spoon's too big! My spoon... is too big! My spooooon is too big! My spoon's too big!"

"I am a baNANA!"

You're watching the family learning channel!
my recommendation is to learn some chick songs. they can come in handy john mayer is good stuff
thanks for all the suggestions! those will keep me busy for a while.
Quote by Killian5-0

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
to the thread starter: freelicks.net is disturbingly helpful. I suggest come as you are.

KnightValor, you exude awesomeness. I now know I'm not the only one who loves the work of Don Hertzfeld.

"I am a baNANA!"

You're watching the family learning channel!
Positive Forward by Michael Schenker is a fantastic song to be able to bust out on an acoustic.
I've been playing for 4-5 months and I can play Plug In Baby by Muse, it's great for warming up your fingers
Quote by God Am
The last person who said that to me got a guitar with unclipped strings rammed headstock first down their throat into their intestine.

have no fear, i was being sarcastic. i was listening to a show out in the quad at school a few months ago and the crowd started chanting "freebiiirddd!!!". it made me all

Quote by KnightValor
I LOVE YOU FOR THAT.

Anyway, tool sounds like a great band for what I'm guessing you're ready for. Not to mention their just plain the greatest band of all ever... Their freakin' holy awesome. They are the **** of teh crap, man.

1. Complex (between instuments)
2. Fun
3. Awesome
4. Lyrically awesome

Tool can often have obnoxiously hard guitar riffs, but it just takes working with it to get where you can play it in your sleep.

yeah those time changes are a bitch at times... ie. "46&2"