Does anyone know where i can get a American Strat for less than $800?

p.s. My guitar teacher says any guitar less than $1000 isn't worth buying. Is this true?
your guitar teacher is retarded and you cant unless you buy used
Of course it's not true. I suppose your guitar teacher also sells guitars. What type of guitar do you have and how long have you been learning. That's not a rational statement your teacher made. How old is he; 16?
Wow your guitar teacher is pretty moronic to make such a statement. And you'd have to get the Strat used.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
what a bum. i got my american deluxe strat for $899 brand new with case and everything. you just gotta good at bargaining
Quote by Siciliano
Of course it's not true. I suppose your guitar teacher also sells guitars. What type of guitar do you have and how long have you been learning. That's not a rational statement your teacher made. How old is he; 16?

hes around 42 and he's played in the band COLD for a while
still a jerk tho.

that type of narrow attitude sucks in a person posing as a teacher and role model.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
It's not true.

But I am selling a USA strat for 750.

Where you live, bro?

I watch dateline. That would be illegal. Put it up on Ebay and tell me about it then we'll see.
Last edited by eridani at Jul 9, 2006,
It's not true.

But I am selling a USA strat for 750.

Where you live, bro?

I watch dateline. That would be illegal. Put it up on Ebay and tell me about then we'll see.

hoo is that illegal, as long as u pay him, and u get the guitar!??!
Cardinal of Zeppelinism! PM TheHeartbreaker to join!

Member of the CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 to join

half devil
Your guitar teacher's not very smart.

And how would that be illegal?
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
i doubt its illegal

ur teacher is a ****ing dumbass

and isnt the higway 1 strat american and like 700$?

Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by thetearsibleed
i doubt its illegal

ur teacher is a ****ing dumbass

and isnt the higway 1 strat american and like 700$?

Selling directly from one person to another isn't illegal. The notion is silly.

Highway 1 Strat is essentially a MIM Strat that's assembled in the US. They also use "satin" finish paint (flat) that's not really that appealing to me. Highway 1s are kind of a marketing ploy more than anything. A nice MIM Deluxe Strat is the way to go in that situation.

If you want a new MIA Strat for $800, look for blems, display models, and discontinued colors/models. The average is about $1,050 new.

And your guitar teacher is an idiot or an elitist, which also makes him an idiot. Schecter makes great guitars and their top of the line axes sell for $800 new.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 9, 2006,
Quote by Dirk Gently
Selling directly from one person to another isn't illegal. The notion is silly.

Highway 1 Strat is essentially a MIM Strat that's assembled in the US. They also use "satin" finish paint (flat) that's not really that appealing to me. Highway 1s are kind of a marketing ploy more than anything. A nice MIM Deluxe Strat is the way to go in that situation.

If you want a new MIA Strat for $800, look for blems, display models, and discontinued colors/models. The average is about $1,050 new.

And your guitar teacher is an idiot or an elitist, which also makes him an idiot. Schecter makes great guitars and their top of the line axes sell for $800 new.

I take none of you have watched one of the most interesting shows I have ever seen. It is called To Catch A predator. Its where they catch internet pervs so I was making a reference.
Cold were a good band..that is total bull**** what he says..i have played $300 Epiphones with EMGs which sound incredible
Quote by eridani
I take none of you have watched one of the most interesting shows I have ever seen. It is called To Catch A predator. Its where they catch internet pervs so I was making a reference.

That was pretty obscure, since we weren't talking about sexual predators. But in all reality, you take a risk anytime you let anyone know anything about you. Same thing over eBay - you still have to give him an address to ship to. He could still come to your house in footie pajamas with a sack full of some dirty rags, chloroform, astroglide, and plastic handcuffs, but that's just the risk you take.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
That was pretty obscure, since we weren't talking about sexual predators. But in all reality, you take a risk anytime you let anyone know anything about you. Same thing over eBay - you still have to give him an address to ship to. He could still come to your house in footie pajamas with a sack full of some dirty rags, chloroform, astroglide, and plastic handcuffs, but that's just the risk you take.

Ok I think I'm done talking about that. I just won't make anymore references at all. SOrry guys.
Quote by eridani
Ok I think I'm done talking about that. I just won't make anymore references at all. SOrry guys.

You take the same risk using any Inet store. Most "hacker safe" sites ain't hacker safe.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
let's let the topic drop. its just good sense not to give out private info.
(even tho one of the posts was particularly funny.)

anyway, like said, maybe pick up a new blem MIA. should come in under a thousand.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by eridani
Does anyone know where i can get a American Strat for less than $800?

p.s. My guitar teacher says any guitar less than $1000 isn't worth buying. Is this true?

your guitar teacher is a ****bag.