im looking to buy a new bass ( 5 strings ) yeah there are other topics on this but they didnt help me much

my friend recomended a Warwick RockBass Corvette 5 string

my budget is $600

tell me what you guys think
schecter custom 5 in the natural satin finish nicest bass for the price
Epiphone Custom Shop Thunderbird IV-->Cry Baby 105Q bass wah-->MXR blowtorch bass distortion-->Ampeg B2R Head and 2x12 cab
A Standard Jazz V is excellent for the price.

Peavey also does good 5 strings.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
In that price range I agree with your friend for the RockBass Corvette.
"Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that every one liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"
Yeah Rockbasses are good for the money, mine played amazing until my dumbass cousin broke the graphite nut by knocking it off a coffee table looking for his gameboy. Its still pretty sweet. Just be careful, the nut shatters. I don't like low end Fenders, all the ones I have played sound ****ty and have a ****ty setup and feel.
Winslow
ESP F-255 or B255
What kind of music you play?
Quote by FunkMaster

you know you're a bassist when your GF loves you for your fingering technique
Quote by rockbassguitar
Yeah Rockbasses are good for the money, mine played amazing until my dumbass cousin broke the graphite nut by knocking it off a coffee table looking for his gameboy. Its still pretty sweet. Just be careful, the nut shatters. I don't like low end Fenders, all the ones I have played sound ****ty and have a ****ty setup and feel.

You put your bass on a coffee table?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by seekdestroy83
ESP F-255 or B255
What kind of music you play?

i play metal and punk
I have a schecter elite 5 and its a very nice bass. The passive emg's can give you a great metal sound, and its also a great bass for chord playing due to its clear highs. However it is not a good bass for punk. I'd say your best bet is going to be the fender jazz standard V. It is a great bass and a jack of all trades. IMHO it has the best punk sound, and it can do metal well. Hope this helps.
It is.

I prefer it to Rockbasses, and most standard Warwicks as is. MEC's = trash in a pickup cover.
haha
schecter custom-5 and the elite-5 look really awesome and have great reviews

whats diff between the two and plz list pros and cons