ok im kinda a beginner (been playin 3 years) and and would like to know how u would play this

e|-------------------------------------|
b|-------------------------------------|
g|-7-7-x-x-7-7-x-x-10-10-x-x-10| ok i get the numbers that is the easy part put i dont
d|-------------------------------------| know hot play the palm mutes who do u play those
a|-------------------------------------|
e|-------------------------------------|

if any one could tell me how i would like to here back!!!
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
You could just slightly lift your right hand finger so that the string is being touched but not against the fret. Then again I've only been playing 6 months so I may not have perfect techniques.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
You would either have to palm mute with your picking hand or you could always do as said and lift your other hand up a little so that the string isn't fretted. If you are playing this high gain, a palm mute is going to be more audible and have a better sound to it. It all depends on what you are looking to do.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was the acoustic forum. Scratch the gain comment.
Last edited by jmac72187 at Jul 9, 2006,
yeah just take the pressure off and lightly touch the string then pick it
well u could either palm mute the open G string for the X's, or lightly touch your finger in the most convinient place on the string, but just light enough to mute the string WITHOUT fretting any note.

So i would play it D D then leave my finger in the same place but lift it up as to make a muted note. just give it a try, your looking for like a clicking kind of noise.

Hope that helps, sorry my way of explaining isn't the best.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
damn, i was beaten lol
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
thanks everybody im going to try and see if it works
Quote by TheAmaranth

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
ok another question wat is a slash note and how do u play it ???
(sorry for the short hand text)
Quote by TheAmaranth

Quote by kam3
ok another question wat is a slash note and how do u play it ???
(sorry for the short hand text)

I think that you may be talking about a slide. If it is written like 3/5 then you would slide from the 3rd to 5th fret. If it was just /5 then you would slide up to the 5th fret from wherever sounded right compared to the song you are playing. Most likely from the 3rd though.
ok i didnt mean a slide i know wat that is i meant a slash note could anyone tell me wat that is
Quote by TheAmaranth

how is it written in front of you?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
its is in a power tab program and it looks like this and has a line through the bottom slash
_______
| | |
/ / /
Quote by TheAmaranth

haha man i don't think i have any idea what you are talking about.... but MAYBE you're talking about the bass note of a slash chord? i've heard that referred to as the slash note. is that what you're talking about?
its shows up on a guitar program under guitar not bass does anybody know ????
Quote by TheAmaranth

^-- i meant the bass note of the chord on guitar... not on an actual bass guitar. for instance:

e-----
b--1--
g--0--
d--2--
a--3--
e--3--

that's a C/G chord... pronounced C slash G... hence slash chord. the G (3rd fret, 6th string) is the bass note of the slash chord and is sometimes referred to as the "slash note."
oh ok i get it it now that is kewl i bet a lot of othere ppl didnt know that
Quote by TheAmaranth