How is this guitar? I want an Ibanez but not the basswood bodies that they always use. How does this guitar play, the sound of it, and is it a set neck, bolt on or a neck through? Do any of you have it? Thanks.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/eg_page.php?AREA_ID=2&PAGE_ID=383&COLOR=CL01&MODEL_NO=S470DXQM
http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?P_ID=3823&strShowBackLink=n
Last edited by hourglass666 at Jul 9, 2006,
Well, I only have $500 right now and Im getting a job soon. So...

Edit: What about the regular S470?
If you are looking for a guitar with a reliable and good trem, it is probably one of the best in that price range, the ZR trem is supposedly excellent, like you said it is one of the few non-basswood ibanez bodied guitars, its mahogany which is great, Wizard II Neck, and with a pup change it'll be a great axe.
Duncan Distortion/Jazz set. I would put EMG 81/89 in mine but the wierd input jack may make it impossible as the EMG jack that comes with them is a standard type and is needed to switch on the supply voltage from the batteries to the pups.

Any one with info on this input jack, EMGs in an S, problem?
^ Nice

Edit: customcustom, I wouldnt want EMG's anyways. What about bareknuckles or swinesheads that people are talking about?
i have one and use it for shred alot, its great. just don't make the mistake i made by getting a used '01. Get the new one with the ZR trem, the LO TRS' suck.
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
The S470 is the same as the dxqm, just without the Quilt maple top, creme bindings on the neck and the inlays are all small, whereas on the dxqm, the inlays are bigger on the lower frets. The neck is kickass, and so is the trem. GET IT.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
The quilt top might make it a little brighter, but the difference wouldnt be very large. The bindings are a creme colour, quite pretty i'd say.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
yes you could get bareknuckles if you have the money aswell. and get the Ibanez S470DXQM and the zr trem is freaking amazing
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S470DXQM
quilt top

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S470
plain

I personally really like the trans lavender and natural fade finish and I find the plain finish to be too boring.

Both guitars are basically the same thing, they play and sound the SAME. The ONLY difference is looks. Wether you want to pay extra $100 for looks is up to you, but personally I think the quilt top, binding and inlays on the DXQM make it look like much nicer.
well quilt tops would sound slightly brighter, but the quilt on the ibanez is a very thing one (veneer?) so it would barely make a difference.

I have tried out both and didn't find any noticeable difference, but others might.

Anyways i still think the main difference between them is just looks.
Quote by The 1
well quilt tops would sound slightly brighter, but the quilt on the ibanez is a very thing one (veneer?) so it would barely make a difference.

I have tried out both and didn't find any noticeable difference, but others might.

Anyways i still think the main difference between them is just looks.

nope it would still make a difference even if its a thin veneer
I'm assuming you like Metal and Nu-Metal/Metalcore, rock

I'd probably get

Dimarzio
PAF Pro - N warm solo tone, think Satch
Blue Velvet - M good for blues, prob good cleans
X2N - B very high output, should be good for metal, might be too much

or

Seymour Duncan
Fullshred/59/Jazz - N 59 is probably best for cleans
Cool Rails/ Hot Rails - M Cool Rails for blues and better cleans, Hot Rails Maiden uses
Distortion/ Fullshred/ JB - B All high output, should go really well with Mahogany

I think the Dimarzios might be more versatile than Seymour Duncan depending on what you get, but the SD might be more suited for metal.

Also keep in mind that there are numerous others out there so check them out for yourself and that these suggestions are what I would personally get, and you taste will vary.
Last edited by The 1 at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by hourglass666
Yeah... anyone got suggestions for pups?

you probably been banned for multi account. but you gotta get pups that you can afford also try the guitar to cos its pretty stupid to buy a pickup that you wanted but you like the sound of the guitar. (quite impossible imo but things can happen). and plus we dont know the remainder of your budget