Okay, so you know those wiring diagrams? When they have the symbol that's means "ground" where exactly am I suppose to ground the wires to????
And when they have the plus sign where is that suppose to go???
Please help me. I'm in the middle of wiring a pickup right now. Thanks

message me at KeishtersHeart@hotmail.com

Hugo.
Last edited by HugoMadizon at Jul 9, 2006,
Most likely a metal part such as the bridge... or if you have a trem to the trem plate. IIRC
Dean Razorback Explosion
Fender Strat
Traynor 80w 2x12 (All tube)
Bad Monkey OD
Crybaby Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

Quote by Axeman99
A solid state half stack is nothing but a PENIS EXTENSION
well make sure that you gather all the ground wires together and transfer them into one wire, then solder that to your bridge, its easier than ending up having to solder 5 wires to the bridge (and if its a strat trem the part of the bridge at the back where the springs hook on, if not just any maetal part, i think you can use the pots as grounding but dont hold me to that)
ground the pups to the back of the volume pot, then ground your tone pots together and then ground it to the volume pot as well, then ground your input jack to the volume pot and then ground wire from ur tremolo claw 2 the back of the volume pot,

SHAZAAM instant central ground points
what do you mean when you say ground to the bridge?
And when you have the negative and postive signs what does that mean
??
post a .jpg of the diagram on here.

plus means positive, negative means negative. When talking about electricity anyways.

Seriously, give us an image of the diagram.

And don't stress if it looks bad: 10 minutes after you finish, you'll look at it and say "holy crap, that looks like....well, crap." Then you'll move this wire, shorten this one, totally redo this part. It'll still look like crap. You'll work on it a little more, you'll have a few joints break or not work well, and you'll be so glad when you remember it's covered by a pickguard. You'll get it al lto work well, you'll shove it down and screw down the pickguard quickly, deleting all pictures you took of the work in progress and taking a final "after" picture.
Last edited by JahJahwarrior at Jul 9, 2006,
plus sign is the hot (power) wire
negative is the ground wire

to ground to the bridge run all your ground wires together and into one, then solder it to your bridge.

not to be a dick or anything but thats pretty simple stuff for wiring and if your having trouble with it maybe you should take it to someone and let them do it for you.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
i would say to the volume and tone pots. ive never seen a diagram like that before. just to make sure were on the same page you are talking about the wolf wire ultra one right?
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
the diagram after that one shows what hes trying to do minus the phase switch and it is so much less complicated to look at, so just insert the phase switch into that using thebasic understanding of where the phase switch goes from the drawing above.
yeah i got kinda confused with the extra switch
Du Hast Meche

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
So we all see the second diagram right? okay there are two ground signs and two + signs. Where do the go? am i suppose to put them on my tone pot or my volume?