Well, I'm sort of embarassed to say this, but today I plugged my nice shiny Vox V847 wah pedal in backwards. That is to say, I put the guitar's cable into the output jack and the output cable into the input jack. Now, obviously the wah didn't work, it just gave some odd squeaky noise. But what I want to know is, could this damage the wah in any way at all? If you can't tell, I'm very protective of my gear.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Well, I'm sort of embarassed to say this, but today I plugged my nice shiny Vox V847 wah pedal in backwards. That is to say, I put the guitar's cable into the output jack and the output cable into the input jack. Now, obviously the wah didn't work, it just gave some odd squeaky noise. But what I want to know is, could this damage the wah in any way at all? If you can't tell, I'm very protective of my gear.

I've done it before. I don't think it can mess up the wah.
no but i've heard that if you run an overdrive in front of the wah and plug the wah in backwards, it's kinda cool.

guitar > overdrive > wah via output > amp via wah input

i think im gonna try that tomorow...

Haha, I've plugged pedals in backwards and then freaked out and thought it was broken when no sound came out until I noticed my connections.
Quote by Broelke4
Haha, I've plugged pedals in backwards and then freaked out and thought it was broken when no sound came out until I noticed my connections.

Yeah, but wahs make funny sounds when they're plugged in backwards.