Page 1 of 3
Pink Floyd is probably one of the best bands to ever live and definetly one of my favourite bands. My favourite song by them has to be Comfortably numb
that does have a rele sick solo in it. thats a good one, but id have to say time is my favorite othr than comfortably numb, david gilmore has SOOO much feeling in his solos.
I Like All 3 parts of the wall alot,
but mostly Hey you

PS Led Zeppelin is #1
Floyd is #2
but its a very hard choice
Us and Them, and anything involving Syd.
Gestating with all the other rats
Nurse said that my skin will need a graft I am of pockmarked shapes
The vermin you need to loathe
-The Mars Volta
God this is such a hard choice but I'm gonna go with Dogs. I've just always loved this song.
Well, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night.
I (obviously) like them all. I can choose a very few select songs to listen to at times,but I definelty prefer to listen to a whole album.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
There's so many. I can't pick just one favourite. I like Time, Young Lust, Another Brick in the Wall pt. 1, 2, and 3, The Thin Ice, Comfortably Numb, Hey You and Goodbye Blue Sky.
Does anyone else find that when listening to Pink Floyd, ESPECIALLY The Wall, that in order to really get the most out of the album you have to listen to the whole thing all they way through? I find when you do this you understand what they are saying much better and get a better feel for what they are about. Roger Waters definatly had some pretty deep lyrics, easily one of the best lyricists of all time.
Last edited by MusicHead32 at Jul 10, 2006,
I don't have one favorite, all of them are my favorite...but if I had to choose one that were atleast somewhat better than the others..I would choose four.

Pigs
Dogs
Comfortably Numb
Saucerful of Secrets (I prefer the live version over the studio version)
Another Brick in the Wall, Pigs (three different ones), Hey You, Time (one of their best), and Wish You Were Here.
Yeah, man.
oh boy oh boy =o pink floyd are the sssseseessssskkkkss..

Comfortably Numb ( the last solo is =| )
Hey You
Jugband Blues ( old )
The Whole DTSoTM album.
Julia Dreamboat
Arnold Layne
Wish you were here
Welcome to the machine
High hopes

along with the new stuff i LOVE the old syd barrett stuff too =}

i pretty much love everything by them ... oh well
Quote by dogfennell
Buttseckscore?

sig worthy.
My favorite floyd song changes weekly. Been that way for the past 17 or so years.

One that always gives me the chill tho, Great gig in the sky. A requirement for it : have your sound cranked all the way up.
Quote by CreamyKrieger
God this is such a hard choice but I'm gonna go with Dogs. I've just always loved this song.

Although choosing a favourite song is hard, with Pink Floyd you have to listen to the entire albums, it gives things another meaning.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
My favorite Pink Floyd songs are as follows...

Hey You - What I love most about this song is, despite the shortness of it, the solo. As I stated, the solo is short, but despite that, the emotion that Gilmour packs into it is amazing.

One of these Days - Just an awesome start to an awesome album. Good instrumental (well, unless you count Nick's one line), with good slide work. I've always thought this song, with how it starts with the bass coming in, would be a great song for Floyd to start a concert with.

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun - Just a relaxing song, and that's why I love it.

Sheep - Great lyrics, and I love how Roger's voice "melts" into the synthesizer after each verse. The ending of the song is great, too.

Us and Them - Another relaxing song, but what I love most about it is the chorus, which is beautifully song.
Last edited by TheHeartbreaker at Jul 10, 2006,
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

One of these Days - Just an awesome start to an awesome album. Good instrumental (well, unless you count Roger's one line),
*Nick's one line

Here is just a few of my favorite songs:
Sheep
Dogs
Shine On Pts. 1-5
The Gold It's In The...
Nobody Home
Fearless
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^^yes, and if I'm not mistaken, we were set for a compact disc transaction a little while ago that never came to be...how about now?
Quote by Thefallofman
some ones I like alot are....

money-first song I learned, so it has a place in my heart.
wish you were here- great acoustics, may learn the piano in it (if there is any)
have a cigar- cool vocals and lyrics, though the bassline is all over the place, may learn it.

these are some of the best, imo. might not be my favourites.
money, shine on you crazy diamond and time are top 3.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
Any Colour You Like- I just love this song(if u guys dont know it, it is the song on DSOTM (i think track 7) with the dual guitar solo that always sounds amazing)
One of These Days, such a badass bass line.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Learning to Fly and Fearless(hard to play) and Floyd rips up House of the Rising Sun, and of course all the above rock, fvck Pink Floyd is god - i mean good
Quote by the_caretaker
I actually like their early stuff, like Obscured by Clouds.

Obscured By Clouds was their 5th album.... not really too early, although still very good.

And to the thread starter.... do you actually know any other songs besides Comfortably Numb, Another Brick In The Wall, and maybe Time and Money?
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
Learning to Fly and Fearless(hard to play) and Floyd rips up House of the Rising Sun, and of course all the above rock, fvck Pink Floyd is god - i mean good

and Fearless is quite easy to play. Try it in an open G tuning.
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by K1rkH4mmett
Any Colour You Like- I just love this song(if u guys dont know it, it is the song on DSOTM (i think track 7) with the dual guitar solo that always sounds amazing)

Yea, its amazing.
Uhhh... Its a tie between Wish You Were Here, Is There Anybody Out There and Comfortably Numb. And the only reason Money isn't there is because of the cash registers in the beggining. I just cant stand them.
I hate people who quote themselves in their sigs
~Uziel126
Dogs, Arnold Layne, Sheep, Wots...Uh the Deal?
Wade in the water, child.
personally i love every pink floyd song. they are my favorite band ever. set the controls for the heart of the sun is a great song from saucerful of secrets and if you want even earlier, the gnome and bicycle from piper at the gates. i pick those cause their extremly weird but in a funny way. i really cant decide though. top 5 in no order are
1.comfortably numb
2.money
3.wish you were here
4.have a cigar
5.the trial
thats just a few i love them all though. thats seriously the hardest question i've ever been asked
Quote by trey-col89
Obscured By Clouds was their 5th album.... not really too early, although still very good.

And to the thread starter.... do you actually know any other songs besides Comfortably Numb, Another Brick In The Wall, and maybe Time and Money?

Yes i do no many other songs by pink floyd. Comfortably numb just happens to be my favourite song by them because of the amazing guitar solo david gilmour plays in it. Like i think they have many other great songs like the great gig in the sky and money but comfortably numb just happens to be my favourite
Wish you were Here, Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Money are my favourites.
They are all great, but Comfurtably Numb hands down, one of the greatest solos ever, no one save for Gilmour could think up something as amazing as that.

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Page 1 of 3