Ok, I've seen a few band have been using this technique a little bit. The sing into their pickups to create kind of a distorted vocal or string like effect. I've tried this myself to no avail.

Here is a video of Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria doing it in a live preformance. Sorry the sound quality is pretty bad its the only example i could find

Claudio Sings Into Pickups

I noticed he had Emg pickups, maybe that allows him to do it.

Has anyone ever achieved this themselves? and how would I do it?
Yea I did a little bit of research on microphonic pickups. Its not something you buy. A microphonic pickup is a pickup with loose windings so that they vibrate when you move the guitar.

My question is would even loose windings pick up vocal vibrations and why would professions use these if the effect the sound of the pickup.
I saw Vai do it in concert. Try covering all strings except the low E, then sing a low E up one octave, with heavy distortion and high volume you should get a harmonic.
^Nope. You'd think so, but I haven't been able to do it, and my pickups are unpotted.
Quote by Midnight_spooks
put ur throat against the string side of the neck, and talk

thats stupid and i doubt that would work but hey **** happens
if you put your ipod earphones on the pickups, the sound will come through the amp.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
thats stupid and i doubt that would work but hey **** happens

of cours it works how else would i get the idea, just crank the volume put ur adams apple against the neck and talk, sound s like an alien voice
Quote by TJM2482
if you put your ipod earphones on the pickups, the sound will come through the amp.

seriously? i gotta try it